VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Appeal To Bva 5 Years Old Without Progress

Rate this question

jeffperry1134

Question

This is getting almost comical. I have been in appeals to the BVA since 2010 and they still have not even sent my stuff to the BVA yet. I recently e-mailed Bob McDonald and got a response that they would look into it last week. When I send in an inquiry I get the exact generic same answer each time. Is there any specific legal recourse that I can take to see exactly what is going on?

I just got some paperwork in the mail today from the VA. It confuses me more than ever. It tells me it denies in partsme but then in several points it tells me that it has increased my PTSD to 70%. Ebenefits is useless and I called my rep and left a message. When I look at it, it seems like they are trying to get out of paying me back pay from 2007-2011. I am the same that I was in 2007 as well. It read that I was not worse than 50% when I appealed back in 2007 but I have gotten worse as of 2011 if I am reading this correctly. It says I have 30 days to respond. I am going to take it to my rep Monday and try to get it sorted out to where I do not need a translator.

My appeal is only one year old but I have never received a SOC or a Form 9.

I sent a query to St Pete via iris about 6 weeks ago and got the return email saying they should get me an answer in 5 days or so.

I have seen nothing since.

I sent another query about the first query last week. Nothing.

anybody else having trouble with iris?.

Slowlane

My appeal is only one year old but I have never received a SOC or a Form 9.

I sent a query to St Pete via iris about 6 weeks ago and got the return email saying they should get me an answer in 5 days or so.

I have seen nothing since.

I sent another query about the first query last week. Nothing.

anybody else having trouble with iris?.

Slowlane

IRIS responses are taking up to 4 to 5 weeks for me. Six weeks is kind of the outer margin of recent experience with IRIS. But these kinds of delays are not unusual. The central IRIS office is overwhelmed.

If your NOD has been languishing for that long, if it were me, I'd write a letter to the RO (via whichever central processing station thing) with a copy of your NOD and your proof of postmark (like your hand stamped certified mailing receipt), a copy of your green return receipt card with someone's signature and hopefully a date/time receipt stamp, and ask formally for the status. I'd send it certified mail, return receipt requested. I've done this in the past with reasonable results.

If you have not seen anything regarding your appeal in eBenefits, don't be surprised if they "lost" your NOD. Happened to me, twice in fact. Had to argue pretty streneously to get the first one accepted into the system and the second one is somewhere in the ether.

Edited by TiredCoastie