Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi Update Report

Rate this question

Deacon 2011

Question

Just received my first SSDI Update Worksheet (the form is dated 2013)... Iv'e searched previous post here but I have some concerns about the following:

Question #2 ask if I have attended school/work training... I have attended a few classes at a local Bible College... not sure if this will become problematic.

Question #3 ask if I can work and allows for the following responses: (1) I/My Dr. have not discussed me rerunning to work (2) My Dr. told me I can't work (3) My Dr. told me I can work

The reality is... (1) My doctor(s) and I have never discussed me returning to work because (2) they agree that I cannot work, and have (3) never told me that I can work... the questionnaire only allows for one response.

I'm uncertain how I should respond... and their instructions appear misleading. We all know that SSDI can be a nightmare, I don't want deal with this again. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Just received my first SSDI Update Worksheet (the form is dated 2013)... Iv'e searched previous post here but I have some concerns about the following:

Question #2 ask if I have attended school/work training... I have attended a few classes at a local Bible College... not sure if this will become problematic.

Question #3 ask if I can work and allows for the following responses: (1) I/My Dr. have not discussed me rerunning to work (2) My Dr. told me I can't work (3) My Dr. told me I can work

The reality is... (1) My doctor(s) and I have never discussed me returning to work because (2) they agree that I cannot work, and have (3) never told me that I can work... the questionnaire only allows for one response.

I'm uncertain how I should respond... and their instructions appear misleading. We all know that SSDI can be a nightmare, I don't want deal with this again. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

In the early 2000's my doctor told me that my then major medical problem was such that I met the SSA rules for SSDI. At the time, I was able to continue working, so I did.

(Still not sure if that was a good or bad idea!) But, the SSDI payment, in my opinion would not have been enough, so I continued to work.

Later, as a result of other related medical problems, it was quite obvious that I needed to stop working. When it was also obvious that the majority of the problems were A.O. related,

I filed for SSDI and early SSA retirement at the same time. That first resulted in SSA early retirement, then retroactive SSDI payment. Next, I administratively challenged the EDD

date, and got that changed as well. (more retro). (A senior SSA clerk told me how to do this, as a pre-alternative to a full blown appeal and the typical resultant delay.)

At first, a junior clerk did not want to accept the administrative " letter" explained to me by the senior clerk. I got it date stamped, told the clerk what she was to do with it,

and that I'd check to see that she did so. That was just a part of an interesting SSA application process.

The whole thing was a bit peculiar, due to the nature of my employment. (Usually under various government contracts to do the same sort of thing at the same locations, just with whatever employeer

happened to have been awarded this time around.) Who told me what to do? The government entity I was contracted to. In some cases, the monthly reports required by the contracts merely said

tasks and duties as assigned, with out any details. (That was at the request of the government entity.)

Edited by Chuck75

On the Bible Classes you said you attended a few, did you not complete them because it was too stressful or difficult? Did you fail to complete assigned tasks? This information could help your SSDI case.