Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Granted %100 But Not P & T

Rate this topic

cragwex

• HadIt.com Elder

yes I agree with ya georgiapapa, your probably right on as for Not awarding the benefits P&T

I don't think a veteran should be rated 90% they are not much difference in being 90% opposed to be 100% a veteran who is 90% rated is pretty bad off, 80% and below maybe the disability is not so disabling.

One reason for the veteran to try to up his/her rating & ask for increase if warranted or they combined the ratings to give 100% or the IU...which is subject to review in later year's. (actually were all subject to review with less than 20 years.)

There has been some CUE's because of this, if the disability's warrants a higher rating the rater should rethink his 30 50 60 70%rating before the less ratings

I am not sure what the % of veterans that are rated with a 10% or 20 30 60 or 70% rating that either appeals his/her rating or ask for an increase!

However they seem to know the veteran will appeal.....just saying it sure would speed the claims process up.

JMHO

Buck!

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

I agree with you guys above definitely. I have Crohn's, which is incurable, TBI: incurable, going to have colon removed soon too, along with 15 surgeries over the last few years. They will never get better, but guess what I am 32 and the VA wants to control me until I have gray hair, WTH!!!

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

• HadIt.com Elder

Navy04

I Would keep the Appeals going until they did the right thing...there not suppose to let age be a factor so fight them for what you so badly deserve & use every benefit that you got coming to ya Buddy!

Buck!

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<I am not sure what the % of veterans that are rated with a 10% or 20 30 60 or 70% rating that either appeals his/her rating or ask for an increase! (Buck 52)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Seek and ye shall find...https://asknod.wordpress.com/2013/03/20/disabled-veterans-by-rating-and-state/

Like your new font Buck. It's easier to read for us poor, blind (but not to VA) Vets

Marine 0816, My disabilities are as follows; Bi-lateral rated Instability left knee 30% Bi-lateral rated Instability right knee 20% Mechanical low back strain and degenerative joint disease, thoracic spine with intervertebral disc syndrome. 20% Sleep apnea 50% Bi-lateral rated radiculopathy, right lower extremity associated with mechanical low back strain and degenerative joint disease, thoracic spine with intervertebral disc syndrome 20% Bi-lateral rated radiculopathy, left lower extremity associated with mechanical low back strain and djd, thoracic spine with intervertebral disc syndrome. 10%, Bi-lateral rated right knee musculoskeletal strain 10% Bi-lateral rated degenerative joint disease, left knee, with history of internal derangement 10% B-lateral rated history of left shoulder dislocations 10% Degenerative disc disease, C4-7 with disc herniation at C3-4 service connected, gulf war, incurred 10% Bi-lateral rated DJD right ankle with scar previously rated as right ankle lateral instability claimed as sprains, bone spurs and djd 10% Tinnitus 10%, Major Depression 10%.

Only 10% for depression seems awfully low for someone with all your medical conditions. Would definitely appeal that one.

Navy 04, if you go the colostomy route on Crohn's I believe that will get you 100%

7333Rectum and anus, stricture of: Requiring colostomy

I believe a colostomy would be analogous under 4.20 to an ileostomy aka Hartman's pouch. The only difference is the bag would be on the left rather than the right. VA hamburgered me four times with peritonitis/sepsis surgeries in less than a year. I don't need to tie up the claims system again with pointless 1151 claims as I have all the comp. percentages I can possibly get now. You, on the other hand, are hanging out there with no disease other than Crohn's that might kill you. Focus on developing that under DC 7323 or 7333 if they 86 the colon. I have Crohn's. First operation in 1996 got 33 cm of small bowel and ileum. Remission until Interferon treatment in 2007. In 2009 VA Doogie Housers nicked me for 16, 11, 8 and 34 cms more. Yeppers, short bowel syndrome. I have to eat high calorie all the time to keep the weight from evaporating. Currently in remission. Fingers crossed. Praying for you but Howard hasn't answered me since Vietnam.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use