Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vamc Medical Care!

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

It would help if you educate yourself about your disability or condition/condition's ( research the internet!

as to have more understanding about your medical condition with what the Dr's tell you!

I believe some of the VA Dr's think were all stupid or idiots and they don't have to answer to anyone!

some of the Dr anyway..not all VA Dr Just some are ok and love there job to be a healer!

but some don't give a rats behind....were just a number to them.

jmo

Buck!

Also, you can get a copy of xrays and MRI on a CD, which you can actually view on your home computer,. you have to open a file on the disc called RSVS. it is the one in capital letter. It opens an execution file, and lets you view and enhance the MRI images. then you can print, copy, do whatever you want. You can also burn a disc from the original copy on your home computer .

If you want the VA to make a copy, go to release of records, get a request, then go to cashier, pay 7.77 and they will make and give or mail you a copy.

If you want to learn to read your MRI, theres you tube videos explaining the basics.

I think by the time im done, I will be a half assed doctor and a half assed lawyer but I wont be lied to anymore.

• HadIt.com Elder

63SIERRA,

Good Point!

My spouse got her CD MRI's and the'' Close-up MRI'' of her Back from VAMC, and we put it in the computer but were unable to understand/read it? this is where medical education comes in handy!

but she will take it to her private Dr & go over it.

Buck!

I already knew what my problem was, because an outside doctor told me with just xrays, but the VA denied, denied, denied, and refused an MRI. Finally after bitvh, moan, and complain long enough I got the MRI. Things have gotten worse, and they STILL try to deny. The radiologist wont speak to me, the patient advocate plays stupid, the director of the hospital is ducking me, and I dont thing the chief of staff speaks english.

Other than all that, my VA is one fine medical institution

Edited by 63SIERRA

Im praying that an employee at this VA comes forward and blows the whistle. After informing this person that I begged for 3 years to get an MRI, I was informed that this person at one time worked " upstairs" and was being forced to engage in data manipulation.

This person could not do it, and requested transfer, and was moved. Some good people are being forced to do bad things at the VAMCs.

I told this person abt this forum, . Im not going to say any more because I dont want to jeopardize thier job.

Those of you who believe in prayer, plz pray that this person has courage to come forward, if it is the right time, and will be effective.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

A "GOOD" doctor knows that many conditions may not show up on an x-ray will show up on an MRI. A previous primary care doctor outright refused to write a referral to the ultra-sacred MRI. I talked with the patient representative and then got a different doctor. They were also very hesitant, but first sent me for some x-rays. After they saw signs of degeneration, they started realizing maybe this veteran really does have the problems he has been complaining about. The MRI results came back and proved exactly what I had been saying all along.