VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Meds For Ptsd,need Help?

Rate this topic

A medicine that is a blood pressure medicine that has shown to help with nightmares is Clonidine. I have been taking it for a few months and had noticed a little improvement.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with bob barker above.

after extensive research, I discovered that many vets were using medical cannabis (aka the slang term: marijuana).

vets in states where it is legal (and others, too, I suspect) are using cannabis to decrease opiates, anti-depressants/anxiety and sleeping pills.

apparently some vets do ok with all the pharma drugs. but, many do not. this forum at hadit.com proves that many vets are unhappy with the efffects of the drugs they take and look for other approaches. i took care of my mother until she passed away in my arms. she could not sleep and she tried ambien which made her drugged, so much that I found her on the floor of her bedroom, laughing at having fallen, twice. she only had one kidney (thanks to prescription drugs that killed her other kidney). cannabis helped her sleep, with no side effects, other than sleepy. which is what we wanted. and i myself use cannabis for sleep. it's wonderful. nice relaxing drift-off. no morning hangover.

medical cannabis also helps with withdrawals, tapering down, as well as assisting opiates in pain relief.

if you want a doctor to help with those things, in the "legal" states, that is available as many doctors will support and help you. In colorado, for example, you have choice of many doctors and clinics to help with pain management including cannabis. and they will help find the right strains to use. mostly-indica and lower thc varieties seem to work for many in decreasing pain. it's impossible to overdose in a technical sense. yes, you can take too much and be uncomfortable for awhile, but no physiological or psychological harm is done. and taking too much can be averted by using common sense.

One Love,

/s/ Sistah Cannabis

"cannabis is the healing of a nation." ~ Bob Marley, original freedom fightah

• Founder

in the course of a discussion folks may refer to it and i'm good with that, the important thing to remember is this is not a forum to advocate for it so if all your posts are long posts advocating it then probably best to take that to facebook or another website. our main focus on this site continues to be va claims.

tbird,

i'm a little confused here.

is posting facts and antecdotes "advocating"?

you advocate for vets in their claims. many (and growing more and more) claims/issues involve the fraud that has been perpetrated on all of us vets - denied the use of cannabis.

it seems like overall empowerment issue, as well as giving vets information to make informed choice.

why would you want to diminish the importance of this topic to vets, especially those here, who are disabled and distraught? why in the world would you want to censor this discussion?

I recently got a nice decision and was going to share it with tbird, hadit.com, being a big help. so i'm surprised at this level of what seems to be censorship of information beneficial to vets in distress.

Cannabis or the use of it is not legal everywhere. I understand your desire to spread the good word on its impact on conditions for certain people. Understanding that it isn't an option for everyone, regardless of whether it is legal or not, is important. I don't know that people are confused or ignorant to the facts of using cannabis. Your name alone denotes that you support its use, and that is fine. I believe that the reason that the above-mentioned topic is sensitive is because that it is still a legal issue in many places throughout the U.S.. I don't think that anyone is attempting to censor you, but you must understand that this is not a forum on which to be promoting a questionably legal/illegal substance.

V/r

Detel

knowledge is power.

i heard that somewhere.

i try to speak in terms of facts, research results, scientific studies and personal experience (mine as well as other vets).

so we can make good informed decisions about our own health. the v.a. doesn't do that for us. or doctors in private "practice".

if cannabis is not legal everywhere, many people go to where it is legal. parents are flooding colorado with their sick children. they are called medical refugees. they already tried everything available, the same way i did, and many others.

by stating that fact ^, I am not advocating that anyone take that action. or even believe what I say. I just say it because it's a truth I can speak. and I know from first-hand experience the help it has done for vets, especially pain and ptsd/depression. this is my way to help vets. there is very little else I can do, thanks to drugs - prescription drugs and ptsd/depression itself.

we are educated and aware. we can look at information, combine reason with common sense and our values, then make a good decision about what action to take. we can't get a good decision without information.

the vets here have problems ... have you read the topics and posts?

cannabis may be a solution for some, many or all. i just pass along a few thoughts. i apologize to one and all if this information about the plant and its use is not politically or socially correct or if it disturbs the values of the owner/operator and/or users of this site.

many people and institutions want this quiet. i'd hope as disabled vets, we can ask: why?

Sistah Cannab