Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success At Last!

Rate this topic

wallyg

• HadIt.com Elder

I guess the 'Luck of the Irish' finally came through. This AM received a letter awarding "Entitlement to individual unemployability effective November 6, 2003". With "Basic eligibility for Dependents Educational Assistance" and also "No examination will be scheduled in the future."

It was a long haul, but by rebutting every denial with specific citations from their own regulations. and stubborn persistence, my goal was achieved. The lump sum back payment from VA and CRDP make a useful sum too, now we can have a proper vacation.

Hadit.com helped to inspire me to persist, and I'll be sending along a check to TBird very soon. Wish you all luck with your claims, and I'll probably spend more time on the board, once I get my backlogged Tricare claims done.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walter-I sure have missed you on the board here and am thrilled that you succeeded on your claim!!!!!!

They awarded P & T too- I see. with the DEA benefits----GREAT!!!!!!

"It was a long haul, but by rebutting every denial with specific citations from their own regulations. and stubborn persistence, my goal was achieved" YES!!!!! the way to gooooooo!!!!

Use their regs against them----You won a War of the Words!!!!!!! Berta

Oh Mr. Walter,

This is terriffic news, finally, finally, finally -- YIPEE ! !

So just where might that proper vacation be ? ?

Somewhere great for sure.

Very - Very happy for you today, now stay as healthy as possible.

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

WOW Wally,and P&T to.

Great news.......and a long haul it was, and you put the VA back into their place.

Take a nice looong vacation and relax, it all gets better from this point on or at least a lil easier.

CONGRADULATIONS!!!

Edited by JR Reihs

Guest terrysturgis

Wally, great and well deserved win. Congrats! Being Irish makes us persistant therefore we are not good at giving up. As me Mother used to say " top of the day to ya". Terry Sturgis

Great Job on your handling of your IU claim, Now sit back and drink a San Miguel. Drink one for me too. Wait, I can buy them in the states now.