Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Odd C&p Question

Rate this question

OSC

Question

Called in for a C&P for a new issue.

Doctor decides she needs some medical tests which are ordered and completed.

Med tests show medical improvement of ANOTHER rated area.

Will VA lower rating due to this improvement???

If so how??

OSC

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

What disability 'improved'?

"Will VA lower rating due to this improvement???"

They can possibly propose a reduction.Hard to say with this limited info here.

Edited by Berta

Sorry about that....I do know better about submitting incomplete info to get an answer.

I will try to make this as simple as possible:

During a C&P for my lower extremeties for a brand new contention, the doctor requested additional lab tests which included a new ultrasound on my legs along with a new Ankle Brachial Index (ABI). Since I knew my old ABI numbers from which part of my compensation for an older contention was based upon, I asked the tech what these new numbers were...well the new numbers showed improvement of my older condition.

So my question is, because of this improvement of these ABI numbers, can my compensation of my older contention be lowered. (Obviously the degree and amount of improvement may have a bearing on this)...even though the test ordered was for my new contention?

OSC

Greetings

I feel your pain. After my recent C&P examination (Feb 2015) for a stiff neck claim, that same C&P doctor was instructed by the RO to ask me a few questions about a previous C&P Exam that I had Nov 2014, concerning my claim for "Restriction of Activities." The reason for these additional questions was because the RO had concerns about the results of that C&P exam (Nov 2014), in which I was granted Restriction of Activities. Well, that C&P exam (Nov 2014) decision didn't go well with the RO and the C&P doctor (Feb 2015) who conducted the follow-up questions. As a result, this C&P doctor non-concurred and requested that the RO disallow the Restriction of Activities which resulted in a denial of the claim. How can that happen when one C&P doctor disagrees with the other and the RO sides with the last C&P doctor. I plan to submit a NOD.

Best Regards

Chiefhouse