VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Aircraft Jet Fuel Poisoning [Blood Poisoning]: (Jp-4 / Jp-8)

Rate this question

kadmir2004

Question

I stumbled on a 2006 forum here by way of Google but couldn't find specifically my issue, in hopes that someone has done some leg work already. I spent 22 years in aircraft fuel systems with exposures to ALL sorts of chemicals, compounds, sealants and ONE, "Sorry, that's classified" exposure. Yep, believe it or not, I was exposed to a white powder that swelled my eyes, partially closed my airway and I was gifted with not being able to take the TB test anymore. A year later, I tested positive for TB (contact unknown). When I checked for the records of the exposure at my next duty assignment, they had been REMOVED?!?! Additionally, the winter of 1999/2000, I had an accidental JP-4 "injection". While in a fuel tank with a band-aided removed hangnail in a toe, my foot slipped into residual fuel and yes, it WAS JP-4, as much as they told the EPA they weren't using it anymore, in Germany, they still refueled other aircraft with it and it was in this aircraft, it was in the aircraft forms! Oh, and since we only had a clinic on bankers hours, I was ambulanced downtown Frankfurt where the records were NOT transferred to my military medical records and therefore, no documentation, only a witness whom I KNOW.

Sorry so long winded but necessary.

SO, my question is: has anyone done any research at all on Benzene blood poisoning?!?!

HELP!!

Look this one up to.

79-116-c

It is a documented study as well.

I will tell you from experience don't get stuck sending the Safety Data Sheets for specific manufactures of JP8 or JP4. Unless you specifically know that it is the one batch of fuel you were exposed to. It narrows your fight to that specific grade, manufactured batch, you don't want that. Also just in my experience get two IMO and turn them in at separate points in the process of your case. File the exposure claim, submit some evidence and leave the studies for when you get the denial. Then after submit the IMO. They are going to fight this tooth and nail. You must be very careful not to make a single mistake in your statements. Keep copies of everything you send in. Send it certified green card to as well. I guarantee you will need this. This I say from experience. The agencies I am currently fighting with will try to crucify you and tarnish your name. They will also place the burden of proof on you like no other claim I can think of so far that what I have experience in both VA, DOL, and Workers comp.

By the way, not trying to hijack the thread, this is just been my experience and dealings with this disease and trying to seek connection and afforded treatment. You have a hell of a fight coming. Just remember to stay the course and fight till your last breath. JMHO.