Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question About Form 21-4192.(Employment Information)

Rate this question

Oiler1995

Question

I'm waiting on my decision for 100 I.U.My claim is in gathering of evidence.Recently i recieved a letter saying,we have sent the V.A form 21-4192 (Request for employment information in connection with claim for disabilty benefits) to your past employer.It was 10 years ago when i worked for this employer.And i'm concerned that they will not fill out the form and return it to the V.A.If this happens i think the V.A will request me to get this information.I don't think the company is even around anymore.Does anyone know what will happen if the V.A or me cannot get this information from my last employer? Thank you.

Oh lord,called the VA about my claim today,still in gathering of evidence,mainly in regards to this form.She said if they don't get this form back from the employer,it could jeopardize my claim.Stressful.

They told you some BS.They simply cannot deny you tdiu just because your former employer failed to respond to their letter. Relax usally that's the last step in adjudication of tdiu..They usually already have enough evidence to award without this letter. Relax.

Thank bud,appreciate it.