Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

80% + Iu For 5 Years And Now P&t

Rate this topic

Quibley

It's been a while since I've been on this site, though I do lurk from time to time.

Many good people on this site took the time to chat, call, advise and most of all support me back when I was a homeless veteran with some very real medical and emotional issues and didn't even have a rating.

They held my hand and I received a partial rating of 10% for hearing which got me into the VA healthcare system. While I was in VA homeless housing many members advised me to also file for SSDI, which I did and was granted in the late Spring of 2010.

In August 2010, after waiting for 18 months, I received a rating of 80% + IU with future exams scheduled for Jan 2015.

Well, almost like clockwork, the VA scheduled me for a C & P for PTSD, and because I'm in one of the smallest RO's (Manila) we only have 3 shrinks assigned to the VA Manila outpatient clinic. Because they are so small, doctors have to do both C & P's as well as treatments. Certainly not the same as when I was first rated at the massive Indianapolis Roudebush VA Medical Center.

When I called the C & P desk to schedule my C & P, I happened to ask who would be doing my C & P, and I didn't recognize the name and I asked if Dr Xxxx could possibly conduct it. Dr Xxxx is the shrink I have been going to since October 2010 and knows me inside and out. They waited and said yes, and I saw him last February 27, 2015.

Today I checked ebenefits and two things have changed I am now 90% and I am P & T with no further exams scheduled.

I called the RO (yes, we can actually call and talk to someone at Manila RO) to check, and the VSO told me yes, they had closed my case last Friday, She said I was now 90% IU P & T with no future exams scheduled. She said my letter was in the mail and I would receive it in a day or two.

As I said earlier, it's been a long time since I've posted on this site. I wanted you all to know that I've never forgotten those of you who helped me so often 5 years ago and I miss you.

I promise I will more active and around.

All the best,

Quibley

post-7615-0-08915200-1426473082_thumb.pn

Edited by Quibley

Congrats on a great win! Just sorry that you went thru so much and it took so long for it to finally happen.

Dinnard: Thanks. Actually I won in 2010 thanks to many of the people on this board.

I still receive the same monetary compensation that I did in 2010. It's just now, I am P & T, which means I am entitled to DEA, PX and commissary privileges.

I have a 7 year old son. This means that his college will be paid for as well as a living stipend.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use