Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

An Email My Daughter Sent To Ms Allison Hickey On My Behalf. Please Read Everyone!

Rate this topic

"The VA frequently FAILS (I believe intentionally) to take note of a veteran's combat status.

Even when they do, there are so many loopholes in the mentioned reg that the VA makes use of that it's not as useful as you would think.""

Well thats a nice way to put it.. hell they told asknod he wasnt ever in vietnam. There is no low, that they wont go. Not many people know about the above regulation that I posted. Probably half of the ROs dont know or acknowledge it. It has been a gradual fudging of the regs by VA and has become commonplace to just call the vet a liar , disregard the claim, and file the claim in a dark, dusty location, waiting for the vet to croak.

Our knowledge is our power, and our power is our path to victory.. !! :wink:

It is a very straightforward regulation, and the cockroaches at the RO s might reject it, but in a BVA or CAVC proceding where most folks can actually read, comprehend, and follow the rules, the vet would most likely win hands down.

The Ro likely doesnt want to admit they are wrong and approve the claim, because they know it is likely a CUE. They dont seem to enjoy writing 100.000 checks. The VA has been getting over for a long time, with these vietnam vets, too damned long. Soon, they will slowly start to fade away, just like our WW2 bretheren have, and Korean conflict bretheren. Then next will be the Desert Storm generation. We must help those that came before us, because they are us. they are cut from the same cloth.

• HadIt.com Elder

In one case I read about, several years ago, the BVA or CVAC actually said that the reg/law was too favorable, in that it basically removed the requirement for reasonable proof.

I don't know how things eventually turned out for the veteran. At the time, the VA was still fighting Korean war combat veterans over frostbite and other cold weather injuries

that occurred during the Chosen Retreat.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use