VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pending Decision Phase

Rate this question

josef7070

Question

Hello fellow veterans:

It has been four years and I think I finally retrieved all of my proper information, and ships movements, three buddy letters and doctors diagnosis.

I was given 50% Non-service connected two months ago and i Re-opened with my claim right away with the above info. I have been diagnosed with sleep apnea and PTSD. I am at the Preparation for Decision for two weeks, does anybody know how long this phase might be? Has anyone been upgraded from Non service connected to service connected? Any help would properly tame my anxiety..

Thank you folks and hope all is well with everyone.....

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Moved to Preparing for Decision just this afternoon, what a battle to get it there. I will reserve my comments on the raters, just so I won't insult the intelligence of others, and respect all of us. But,

WOW, no common sense on the VA.

My dang claim has been at Prep for Decision this second time for 2 months. Finally last week I clicked the VA Make A Decision button on Ebenefits, and still nothing.

josef7070,

Periodically go to your ebenefit's account and go to "VA Letters" and then click on "Benefits Summary Letter." Your award rating will probably be listed in the summary letter before you actually receive official notification from the VA.

I hope you get a favorable rating, and it's soon. My claim just went to preparation for decision last week and I'm also wanting to know how long it will be in this phase. i know the RO has a lot to do with the time frame.

Edited by saxman