Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Infeasible To Work?

Rate this question

Dustin2100

Question

I have been going to Vocation Rehab and they were working with me for a while. They were about to send me to college and they changed their mind and said that I was not employable. I did not even have a chance to do anything wrong? I could understand it if I had failed classes, but it caught me off guard. I went in the office talking about college and working at the post office!!!

I am 70% PTSD and I am receiving SSDI. I just got notice that I am unemployable, I really dont know what to expect now?! I didnt ask for my situation, I really wanted/expected to work. I put in a claim to increase my PTSD rating. I am short on words and dont know if I am explaining myself well enough? Thanks for looking at my post!

Dustin2100,

You should file a claim for IU ASAP. You are receiving SSDI and have been told by Voc-Rehab that you are unemployable. If you don't already have it, get a letter from Voc-Rehab stating you are unemployable. Send the Voc-Rehab letter and the SSDI award letter in as your evidence to support your IU claim.

Good luck.

GP

• HadIt.com Elder

I think he (Dustin2100) wants to keep going to school and not be IU maybe ?

he wants to work...not sure what type of work with 70% PTSD? & With SS your not supposed to be working.

Can he decline the TDIU ask for the 100% so he can work? but then again SS? If he goes to work SS will drop his disability & maybe that's what hen wants?

..................Buck

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Buck,

You may be right. However, in Dustin's post he stated he put in a claim to increase his 70% PTSD rating. If his claim succeeds, he will have a 100% PTSD rating and he will not be able to work so he might as well file the IU claim. Perhaps Dustin is not aware that he can not work with a 100% mental disorder rating.

GP

Dustin,

If you do go back to work, you will more than likely lose your SSDI and jeopardize any VA ratings for PTSD. Just a thought to keep in mind if you are thinking of going back to work. If you are unable to return to work, you should definitely file a claim for TDIU as I suggested in my previous post. JMO

GP