Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Infeasible To Work?

Rate this question

Dustin2100

Question

I have been going to Vocation Rehab and they were working with me for a while. They were about to send me to college and they changed their mind and said that I was not employable. I did not even have a chance to do anything wrong? I could understand it if I had failed classes, but it caught me off guard. I went in the office talking about college and working at the post office!!!

I am 70% PTSD and I am receiving SSDI. I just got notice that I am unemployable, I really dont know what to expect now?! I didnt ask for my situation, I really wanted/expected to work. I put in a claim to increase my PTSD rating. I am short on words and dont know if I am explaining myself well enough? Thanks for looking at my post!

• HadIt.com Elder

Dustin2100

I'm sorry buddy I had figured you wanted to work?

but if you can't work because of your SC Disability's and your 70%MH PTSD heck yes file for TDIU P&T

if you can't work you may need to get an IMO and ask the Dr to state you can't do any kind of work based on his opinion your disability keeps you from working or something close like that....get an IMO even if you have a C&P with the VA.

jmo

................................Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't much think Voc-rehab will keep you from being rating IU matter fact ask your voc counsler to write you up a letter stating its not feasible to train this veteran and recommend TDIU for ya. present as evidence!

............................Buck.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Your Correct GP!

.....Buck!

How is the IMO done? is there a printable form to get then give to DR. or does the Dr know what to do in general.

Strange thing is i have the VA and a private that i go back and forth with.. one is 1 mile from house that i use for ease of use and the VA when it's big heavy hitting diags, scan's Mri etc.. what's on my mind is that i have hinted that i am unemployable to my private DR, but i never have had a deep conversation about it, i am wondering that when SSA sent him there form if he even knew that i was unemployable.. i might have shared my 30months without work with him but not sure.. wonder what he told SSA, i guess ill find out if and when i get him to possible fill out a IMO but how do i start off.. IMO???

Learning a lot from you all .. thanks..

I really wanted to work or at least have something to do. I have been unemployed for 10yrs and I have been trying to do something about it. I just didnt settle right that they told me that I was not able to work... It was Tuesday that I went to Voc Rehab and the counselor told me that her decision will have to go in front of a board and they will mail me a letter. It sounds like a waiting game for sure. I filed for a increase for PTSD in February, would it be too late to use it as evidence? I am a home owner and the tax exempt status would really help, would I be eligible for it? I am not really sure What an IMO is? If it is a doctor, there is a clinic here in OKC that I have been referred to by other veterans. It is the Ellis Clinic. Thanks for all of the replies, this is definitely an active forum!

http://www.ellisclinic.com/

I have a written letter from VOCREHAB stating I'm umemployable and un-trainable but I doubt the VA has even read it or considered it at all. Once my new scanner comes in I will upload the letter as well. Frustrating that VA misplaces, over looks, etc certain paperwork. I have uploaded entire evidence of my case through ebenefits, mailed it to the RO and also mailed it to the central processing unit the VA now has. Even emailed it to the Director of RO and they all send me letters saying they don't have certain paperwork, etc, denials, re-send paperwork, etc. I sent another email to Secretary, director, etc stating I have sent in everything multiple times all different ways, how can any of it be missing? It the VA game and I'm on the secret blacklist I'm most sure of!!!!