VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Secondary Claims

Rate this question

lcurle

Question

Hey all,

I just put in a claim. Since I was denied Tendonitis for my R ankle and due to the chronic nature of it, I filed for Tendonosis. In addition to that I filed a secondary "Chronic Back Pain" to my lower lumbar degeneration as well as IU due to said conditions. Since I am in now unable to move very well, 32 years old btw, I am debating about going to the VAMC ER since the muscle relaxers and naproxin that was prescribed to me does nothing. The only thin that touches my pain and allows me to move freely is cannabis. Unsure what to do, this morning I was unable to move until my wife helped me out of bed. Debating about going to the VA today....any advice is appreciated. If this is what my life is going to be like unsure if I can handle it.

Just got a call today for a C&P on Wednesday for my back, I asked for an increase but found out I am maxed for "degenerative Arthritis" unsure why they want to schedule a C&P if I am maxed out already unless they want to change the disability. Your thoughts.

Maybe, just maybe they are looking into another condition to add to your list...just like playing the slots, every now and then someone hits the jackpot and beats the house.

Looks like someone added some things to my pending claim....

Right Ankle Condition 03/26/2015 NEW Individual Unemployability 07/07/2014 NEW

The right Ankle condition was denied back in April, and the IU was on hold due to my increase for PTSD in appeals......wonder whats going on.

Not sure if this is exactly correct, but I had a similar experience back in the spring, and someone on here told me that when you file a new or reopen a claim, the VA will sometimes reopen all or your denied contentions to see if the current one has evidence that may go with the others as well. Or something like that.

Apparently it was a "Re-eval" for my existing condition which is less than a year old.....odd that they would want to see how I am doing in that short period of time. Very strange....

During the C&P for my back the PA doing the exam noticed limited ROM and numerous muscle spasms while preforming the ROM tests. The spasms are a new featuring I haven been displaying recently, my wife is getting me set up with a private PCP since she is a nurse to review all VA documents and MRI imagery.