Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Secondary Claims

Rate this question

lcurle

Question

Hey all,

I just put in a claim. Since I was denied Tendonitis for my R ankle and due to the chronic nature of it, I filed for Tendonosis. In addition to that I filed a secondary "Chronic Back Pain" to my lower lumbar degeneration as well as IU due to said conditions. Since I am in now unable to move very well, 32 years old btw, I am debating about going to the VAMC ER since the muscle relaxers and naproxin that was prescribed to me does nothing. The only thin that touches my pain and allows me to move freely is cannabis. Unsure what to do, this morning I was unable to move until my wife helped me out of bed. Debating about going to the VA today....any advice is appreciated. If this is what my life is going to be like unsure if I can handle it.

iceturkee,

I posted my MRI report over on my "To Cue or not to Cue", that is the question thread.

Andy

Can't help you on your joint problems, appears your having a tough sell, claiming SC. As to your IU and SA. What evidence did you present as support for your IU claim? Have you filed and or been awarded SSD? With VA IU, you must be unable to earn SGI "Substantialy Gainful Employment Earnings" currently $12,400 per year due solely to your SC conditions.

What did the VA rater give as reasons for your nemerous Denials? With a 50 & 10% SC, your really not eligible to file a Schedular IU claim. If the Medical Evidence of record indicates your IU even though your SC% don't meet the IU Schedular requirements, the VA Rater would refer your claim to the Rating Dept Director for possible Extra-Schedular Rating. If that were the case, something would have been mentioned in your Denial Letter saying so.

Semper Fi

Gastone

I have a 50%, 20% and 10% rating. Right now my 50% (PTSD) is in appeals for increase since they claimed I am getting better buy deny me treatment. Just a bunch of red tape.

Today is MRI day. Two appointment back to back for 2 MRI's?? doesnt make sense but at least Ill get my proof...or maybe it will disprove me??? Crap.

In my case, the MRI got me bumped from 10 to 40% for my back. And it will also then prove my DDD and sciatica(radiculapathy) as well.

Wish you 100% success!

Andy

Have you considered filing for Social Security disability? If you get better, you can always discontinue the application. While that's pending, you can continue treatment for your back.