Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Secondary Claims

Rate this question

lcurle

Question

Hey all,

I just put in a claim. Since I was denied Tendonitis for my R ankle and due to the chronic nature of it, I filed for Tendonosis. In addition to that I filed a secondary "Chronic Back Pain" to my lower lumbar degeneration as well as IU due to said conditions. Since I am in now unable to move very well, 32 years old btw, I am debating about going to the VAMC ER since the muscle relaxers and naproxin that was prescribed to me does nothing. The only thin that touches my pain and allows me to move freely is cannabis. Unsure what to do, this morning I was unable to move until my wife helped me out of bed. Debating about going to the VA today....any advice is appreciated. If this is what my life is going to be like unsure if I can handle it.

Andyman73 are you referring to me? Sorry not sure but if so YES...It is quite sad! His S/C for lumbar is at a max of 20%! Unbelievable! He lives with this pain daily.....

Steph,

Not sure, I looked back through the posts to see which one mentioned the 20%, but didn't see it. Has your BF tried for other back related claims? I recently was awarded an increase from 10 to 40% for "Low back strain". I would have thought that the DDD would have been more serious...and that's been there since the beginning. And I just found out that I have to claim sciatica( for both legs) separately even though they are caused by the DDD in my S-1. I also have some kind of sharp piercing pain about mid-way along my spine whenever I move a certain way. Guess the muscle pain doesn't matter either.

Semper Fi!

USMC(Dept. of Navy)

Andy

I get that pain as well, the Chiro told me I had a small bone spure that would knock my rib out, or course the VA cannot seem to find it on their xrays but will not accept xrays from a chiropractor.

That's interesting, I recently went through a C&P for increase on my back. The Doc mentioned an MRI, saying if it was her, she would want to. So I went for it, and ended up with increase from 10 to 40% for "lower back strain" inspite of obvious DDD and more at the L5-S1 area. Now I'm looking into whether or not it qualifies as CUE from 17 years ago. The original rating letter from VA stated DDD and disc narrowing, and spina bifida of the S-1.

I am learning, mostly due to this site, and encouragement from a young Marine at my job, that I(we) gotta fight...for the right...to(party) receive our due from uncle sam and the VA.

Semper Fi.

curious what exactly the mri report said?

Iceturkee,

I'm not exactly sure. I have a copy of the C&P Doc's report, but it only has her notes. I will have to look at them when I get off work, today, and see what she noted from the MRI. The MRI made all the difference, tho. I will have to get a copy of the MRI notes as well, and then post them here. Will take me a few days, since I can only get to the VA on Monday's normally, since I'm off work on Mondays.

Semper Fi.

Andy

Steph,

Not sure, I looked back through the posts to see which one mentioned the 20%, but didn't see it. Has your BF tried for other back related claims? I recently was awarded an increase from 10 to 40% for "Low back strain". I would have thought that the DDD would have been more serious...and that's been there since the beginning. And I just found out that I have to claim sciatica( for both legs) separately even though they are caused by the DDD in my S-1. I also have some kind of sharp piercing pain about mid-way along my spine whenever I move a certain way. Guess the muscle pain doesn't matter either.

Semper Fi!

USMC(Dept. of Navy)

Andy

He is just at his wits end...He sent a secure message to his PCP to tell them the nerve blocking did absolutely nothing for him and in fact made him worse! UGH

I am now wondering if he too should get an MRI like the original thread poster...Icurle - hmmmm

He also wouldn't know the first thing about the other back disabilities and what to claim..His PTSD issues give him a short fuse and I don't want to ignite it :(

Didn't me to hijack the thread lcurle....

Steph