Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Secondary Claims

Rate this question

lcurle

Question

Hey all,

I just put in a claim. Since I was denied Tendonitis for my R ankle and due to the chronic nature of it, I filed for Tendonosis. In addition to that I filed a secondary "Chronic Back Pain" to my lower lumbar degeneration as well as IU due to said conditions. Since I am in now unable to move very well, 32 years old btw, I am debating about going to the VAMC ER since the muscle relaxers and naproxin that was prescribed to me does nothing. The only thin that touches my pain and allows me to move freely is cannabis. Unsure what to do, this morning I was unable to move until my wife helped me out of bed. Debating about going to the VA today....any advice is appreciated. If this is what my life is going to be like unsure if I can handle it.

I dont qualify for SSDI since my current disabilities do not "meet their criteria" Already tried that, Ill just sit here and fight like hell.

Here is my report for my MRI:

"Report: Exam: MRI thoracic spine. Reason for exam: Chronic back pain. Comparison: None Technique: Multiplanar, multisequence MRI of the thoracic spine was obtained without contrast Findings: Minimal S-shaped scoliosis is seen centered in the upper to mid thoracic spine. The remaining static alignment appears anatomic. The vertebral body heights are well-maintained. Minimal multilevel degenerative changes are seen with height loss and mixed low T2 signal predominantly in the mid to lower thoracic spine. A few scattered hemangiomas are seen throughout the bone marrow. Otherwise, bone marrow signal is normal. No evidence to suggest fracture. The visualized spinal cord demonstrate a normal intrinsic signal morphology. The paravertebral and surrounding soft tissues are grossly unremarkable. No significant spinal canal or foraminal stenosis. No obvious disc herniation. Impression: 1. Minimal S-shaped scoliosis centered in the mid to upper thoracic spine. 2. No acute osseous, ligamentous or discogenic abnormalities. 3. Minimal multilevel degenerative discs without significant stenosis.

Report: Exam: MRI lumbar spine. Reason for exam: Back pain. Comparison: None. Technique: Multiplanar, multisequence MRI of the lumbar spine was obtained without contrast Findings: For the purposes of this exam the last well-formed disc space is designated L5-S1. The static alignment is anatomic. The vertebral body heights are well-maintained. Minimal degenerative changes are seen most prominent at L2-3 with height loss and mixed low T2 signal. A few scattered hemangiomas are seen throughout the bone marrow. Otherwise, bone marrow signal is normal. No evidence to suggest fracture. The visualized spinal cord, conus medullaris and cauda equina demonstrate a normal intrinsic signal and morphology. The conus terminates at approximately L1-2. The paravertebral and strandy soft tissues are grossly unremarkable. A few small cysts are seen involving the kidneys that are too small accurately characterize. L4-5: diffuse bulging annulus with facet arthropathy is identified without significant stenosis. L5-S1: Diffuse bulging annulus and minimal facet arthropathy is identified without significant stenosis. Impression: 1. Minimal degenerative changes without significant stenosis or mass effect. 2. No acute osseous, ligamentous or discogenic abnormalities appreciated."

Your thoughts.

Here is my report for my MRI:

"Report: Exam: MRI thoracic spine. Reason for exam: Chronic back pain. Comparison: None Technique: Multiplanar, multisequence MRI of the thoracic spine was obtained without contrast Findings: Minimal S-shaped scoliosis is seen centered in the upper to mid thoracic spine. The remaining static alignment appears anatomic. The vertebral body heights are well-maintained. Minimal multilevel degenerative changes are seen with height loss and mixed low T2 signal predominantly in the mid to lower thoracic spine. A few scattered hemangiomas are seen throughout the bone marrow. Otherwise, bone marrow signal is normal. No evidence to suggest fracture. The visualized spinal cord demonstrate a normal intrinsic signal morphology. The paravertebral and surrounding soft tissues are grossly unremarkable. No significant spinal canal or foraminal stenosis. No obvious disc herniation. Impression: 1. Minimal S-shaped scoliosis centered in the mid to upper thoracic spine. 2. No acute osseous, ligamentous or discogenic abnormalities. 3. Minimal multilevel degenerative discs without significant stenosis.

Report: Exam: MRI lumbar spine. Reason for exam: Back pain. Comparison: None. Technique: Multiplanar, multisequence MRI of the lumbar spine was obtained without contrast Findings: For the purposes of this exam the last well-formed disc space is designated L5-S1. The static alignment is anatomic. The vertebral body heights are well-maintained. Minimal degenerative changes are seen most prominent at L2-3 with height loss and mixed low T2 signal. A few scattered hemangiomas are seen throughout the bone marrow. Otherwise, bone marrow signal is normal. No evidence to suggest fracture. The visualized spinal cord, conus medullaris and cauda equina demonstrate a normal intrinsic signal and morphology. The conus terminates at approximately L1-2. The paravertebral and strandy soft tissues are grossly unremarkable. A few small cysts are seen involving the kidneys that are too small accurately characterize. L4-5: diffuse bulging annulus with facet arthropathy is identified without significant stenosis. L5-S1: Diffuse bulging annulus and minimal facet arthropathy is identified without significant stenosis. Impression: 1. Minimal degenerative changes without significant stenosis or mass effect. 2. No acute osseous, ligamentous or discogenic abnormalities appreciated."

Your thoughts.

Hmmm, well, I know my MRI report mentions minimal to moderate narrowing of neural foramina at several locations, and moderate to severe of at least one, closer to L5-S1. Two of the effected disc locations are mentioned as bilateral, as well. I don't have any current rating for those, however I am getting a package together to submit for the DDD and radiculapathy, with the MRI report and SMR entries noting complaints of shooting pain down my lower extremities and such. I do have a current 40% for low back pain, tho.