VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Army Reserve Injury Va Claim Question

Rate this question

malandroaz

Question

I am applying for VA disability claim due to injuries from the military. My first injury occurred in 2011 Office School (BOLC) . It was documented at the medical treatment facility but I never received LOD memo for it. I have copies of my medical records from there though. My second injury I torn my labrum during weekend drill lifting supplies. I do have a LOD for this injury.

1) The VA just sent me a letter saying that they need a DD 214

THE PROBLEM: I never been activated on federal orders just for officer school, distance schools and annual training. What do I do?

2) What do I do about the medical injury during officer school without a LOD?

3) My 2nd injury I do have a LOD and do have a copy of the sign in roster from that day of injury. Do I mail that to the VA claim as well as proof I was there? Silly when I have a LOD already.

Edited by malandroaz

What about a copy of your points for the year. I know that USAFR has a record of your IDT, AD, and ADT. The points record lists the dates and what type of status you were in, sure that other branches of Reserves have similar records. The challenge is knowing how to get these records. For USAFR, contact HQARPC, Denver, Colorado, check Google for correct address.

Here is the short answer: You recieved an LES for the period in question for the injury, you can use that and a copy of your units training schedule for the IDT period or AT for the Annual Training period. Also your retirement point record is also good, although the training schedule is the best evidence of the training being conducted to support your claim. Officer Candidate School also have monthly training schedules, so if you contact the school, they will have records of you being a candidate. Per the regulation they must keep records for two years on file at the battalion. If not ATRRS will show enrollment and status in the system, it doesn't go away, a print out will show you were a candidate in the program. Hope this helps

to get your reserve points call 1-866-827-5762 this is the number to Pers912 in Millington TN. they will send you a signed certified copy of all your Drill and AT dates and points, My OMPF service file did not contain any of the reserve info.