Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Am Soooo Damn Pissed Off!

Rate this question

ranger11bv

Question

USA TODAY – Deadly Hines VA Hospital Cover-up Exposed

Top female interventional cardiologist Dr. Lisa Nee just came forward to expose VA OIG deception at Hines VA Hospital. VA OIG, a discredited watchdog at Department of Veterans Affairs, whitewashed complaints of reckless surgeries. Some of those surgeries were performed on now dead veterans.

Those reckless doctors implicated at the facility were not held accountable, but VA was quick to attack this whistleblower and others believed to have helped investigators reach the impossible truth – that some VA doctors are horrific surgeons at Hines VA and veterans should be scared. In response, Dr. Nee took the fight to the press.

http://www.disabledveterans.org/2015/05/07/usa-today-deadly-hines-va-hospital-cover-up-exposed/?inf_contact_key=310bc80c17151d9456164c49181718d84971026d97c8e111bdecd16fe840620f

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life."

10% 1992

10% 1995

10% 2000

10% 2005

10% 2010

10% 2015

2015- found out that I have Post Concussion Syndrome(not SC), Stationed at contaminated installations

Still at that great 10% !!!!!!

4 answers to this question

Yeah, I know all about a VA cover up and I proven one happened to my husband.

"Dr. Nee was hired to review boxes of echocardiograms shoved into a closet at Hines VA, some of which were many months old. Echocardiograms are usually requested when a veteran is having heart problems. Since the procedures were not evaluated, many veterans’ lives were put at risk while the evaluations were put in boxes and stored in a closet." Source, from the link above at Dan Keauses site

In my husband;'s case a VA cardio told me the ECHO he just had, revealed "nothing wrong with his heart." When I got a copy of it, and learned how to read it , after he died, they knew he would not last long ,unless they actually started to give him proper care, and figured they better cover up the other VAMCs malpractice too so that his 1151 claim could be denied..

Bastards. They still owe me for what they did. I have 3 awards under 1151, maybe more.

But they all came after he died.

One VA doc tried to diagnose him properly but he was overruled by the medical gatekeepers at the Syracuse VA.

This same doctor left the VA for private practice not long after that and although it took me many months to find him, he asked for some of the records, remembered my husband and then gave me a brief email IMO that coorborated my IMOs from Dr. Bash for my AO DMII claim.

If the VA commits malpractice there will be a paper trail of it in the medical records to include ECHOs, X rays , medication profiles, discharge certtificates, crossed out entries, scribbled stuff, and lots of acronyms that they think we are too stupid to look up in medical dictionarys.

It often only takes one misdiagnosis to start a snowball affect of other misdiagnoses and continued lack of proper medical care.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

WOW!! Dont I know it!!!!

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life."

10% 1992

10% 1995

10% 2000

10% 2005

10% 2010

10% 2015

2015- found out that I have Post Concussion Syndrome(not SC), Stationed at contaminated installations

10% 1992

10% 1995

10% 2000

10% 2005

10% 2010

10% 2015

• HadIt.com Elder

Damn,

My spouse had triple by pass heart surgery in 05 from the VAMC, They must did a good job she still here, but no after care...but we made it through it...now days I doubt she would have.

I recommend all veterans to get some private medical insurance/incase you need major surgery & not let the VA touch ya.or any major health problems.

We got some supplemental insurance through a military group sponsor and its with Selman Insurance & along with ChampVA.. The only thing is it has a 6 months waiting period for pre- existing conditions

...............................Buck

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!