Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Va Rating Decisions

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

OK, what the heck is going on? Over the last year and a half that I have been trying to help other veterans I noticed that VA rating decisions have either NO REASON FOR DECISION, NO EVIDENCE, or NO REASON AND BASES SECTIONS. There are no real explanations of why or how VA came up with their decisions. This is crazy, I understand that VA is under the gun to try to eliminate the backlog but how can a veteran even file a NOD without VA providing a complete rating decision. I even noticed that the normal letterhead is off, that does not even give the RO and their mailing address that processed the decision. Has anyone else notice this?

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Humm good questions Pete992...sure hope we find out!

.............Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

These Rating Decisions were one for an Increase, one was a Denial and one was for a newly awarded service connected condition.

I agree with you bud, and just wonder why the VA cant get their crap together.

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

I borrowed this from another post. I still do not have scanning capabilities but it is what I have been posting/talking about. Is this how VA is cutting down the backlog?

Edited by pete992

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I'll keep an eye out. I am helping my Vietnam veteran father with his claim. About to submit when the last bit of evidence arrives from his doc records. I really appreciate you informing us that folks at the VA appear to be taking shortcuts. Maybe they are sacrificing writing form and style for speed... Do you think this could be from certain VARO's?

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.