VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Burn Pits

Rate this question

bionoce

Question

VA called me to verify my deployments. Apparently they have to manually enter me into their system for Burn Pit registry. I've had issues with fatigue ever since I came home but never received a diagnosis for chronic fatigue syndrome, which I'm hearing is linked to the burn pits. I'm also hearing that these registries haven't been doing anything for veterans. What is the point of having a registry if you're not helping the veteran? Is it so they don't have to compensate for illnesses linked to these burn pits? Am I missing something with this?

Edited by bionoce

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Here's the email from the rep that called me:

I will submit your information for manual approval. You should see your status updated by the end of next week. You will need to return to the registry website (https://veteran.mobilehealth.va.gov/AHBurnPitRegistry/#page/home) and complete the remaining portions of the questionnaire to become a registry participant. Upon completion of the questionnaire, you may request a no-cost, in person examination at your local VA Medical Center. If you currently use VA Healthcare, you may see your primary care provider. If not, you may contact the facilitys Environmental Health Coordinator to set up an appointment in their clinic. The list of coordinators can be found at http://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/coordinators.asp.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you again for your time and your service.

Understood, but someone has to pay, lmao. Military teaches us unconventional warfare tactics, why not bring that to the table into their system?