Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Much Does Your Ro Director Make?

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

You will have to find out their name, but I know my directors name, and he made $161, 471, plus, of course benefits like retirement, health insurance 401k, eyeglasses, etc, etc, etc.

You can find yours here:

http://www.fedsdatacenter.com/federal-pay-rates/

If you talk to him/her on the phone, ask him/her if she got a pay raise from last years 161k per year. This is about 5 times more than a 100 percent disabled Vets 34,881 per year and about 8 times the 90% Vets 20,921 per year.

• HadIt.com Elder

Of more concern to me is that nurses and clerks pay is much closer or above the ~53-57k average income than the ~36k veterans receive for a 100% total disability rating.

Yea...but look what those VA clerks give up? Heck, they have to drive to work, and many of them never served. Why some of them even have to follow VA regulations...and collect their full pay within 2 weeks of starting to work there...plus their benefits, 401k, etc. Do any of you disabled Vets get a 401 k, IRA, ....I didnt think so. Its too bad they could not wait for their pay like we do...you know, like the 125 days they promised by 2015? Ok, stop laughing.

I work at the VA (don't hate me! I deal with the back end computer systems in a data center), and nearly all the FTEs (full-time employes of VA) are prior service. **However** nearly 60% of my office is staffed by contractors. Some are ex military, but I think the majority are not.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think the biggest help as for as benefits is when they passed the veteran 100%propert tax exemption, although what 100% veterans get per month is still not enough, but we make do.

Everyone wish we would get more with the exception of the people who decide what we get. eh!

along with the many other benefits I have no gripe.

I am very Thankful for what I do get from the VA.

I Could Care Less What My RO Director Makes

its not going in my pocket.

......................Buck

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Just as a side comment!

While I was researching a possible replacement for my wife's 10 year old Chevy,

I ran across some MSRP numbers, and added some numbers from vehicles we've owned over the years.

1967 "loaded" Camaro ~3,500

1968 Chevelle (Bought used, had been repaired 1,800, had several mfrs defects. Bad cam, bad crankshaft damper, bad engine mounts, had to modify carb.)

Previous original owner refused to transfer warranty, etc. Traded in for the 71 Camaro

1971 RS SS Camaro ~4,500

1976 Buick Regal with Hearst Hatches ~7,000 We put almost 150,000 miles on this one in the US and Germany! It would easily run at 95 mph hour after hour on the autobahn.

1981 Datsun 210 Wagon ~7,000

1989 Mazda MP3 Van ~14,000 210,000 miles when sold

1999 Mazda MX-5 ~19,000

2005 Impala SS ~35,000MSRP (We bought this at a very steep end of year discount, -9,000)

2008 Ford Ranger 2D Extended Cab ~18,500

2011 Ford Ranger 4D Extended Cab ~19,000

2016 Mazda MX-5 initial USA model ~32,000 (Just was looking)

Then, I looked at various cost of living numbers, salary & wages, real estate prices, etc.

When all was said and done. As we know, the rich got richer, and the middle class joined the ranks

of "the poor". Starting sometime in the 70's, the wages and salaries started to follow the governments

inflation figures, and previous raise percentages for the average workers, wage or salary dropped significantly.

The question then is what would you need to make today to be in the same general economic condition

that you might have been in in the early 70's.

A possible clue might be that the 2016 loaded Camaro has an MSRP around 40k,

as does the Impala SS. (~44k)

In the middle 70's with a pregnant wife, I experienced an almost overnight change in the cost of single family real estate in the

town I lived and worked. The average small home went from about 19,000 to 35,000 in less than four years!

Obviously, no employer, particularly a major corporation like I worked for, was going to even come close to matching

the actual COL changes. I ended up resigning, moving, and going to work for a defense contractor in aerospace engineering.

That worked well for about a decade. Then, it turned out that the company figured that you were there for the "long haul", and

started chipping away at the raises for non upper management.

The hand writing was there, so I eventually started working for various smaller aerospace contractors, as they won contracts.

A.O. eventually reared it's ugly head, so I ended up retiring early. Just before I retired, stock market related daily income was

actually equal or more than my salary for the same week! (Unfortunately, good days on the market get offset by bad days, so it

was not as lucrative as it sounds!

It looks like you would need to make ten times what you did in 1970 just to be "even" today!

As far as I can tell, the average is about five times.

Edited by Chuck75