Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Status Has Changed

Rate this question

DICK HILL

Question

My claim status, after 219 days, finally changed from reviewing evidence to Preparation for Decision. However, now the estimated completion date has changed from August 2015 to August 2016. Can anyone guess why 1 year has been added to the estimated completion date. The Va has all the evidence and the C&Ps that VA ordered have been completed. Got me a bit confused.

Dick Hill

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Rootbeer22

Thanks for your response. I have a call into the Texas Vet Commission Rep to see if they can find out what is going on. Again, thanks.

Dick Hill

I tried getting on EBenefits this morning and after I got to the home page I kept getting an error notice every time I tried to access claim status. I called my local Texas Vet Commission Rep who gave me a number direct to the Texas Vet Commission at the VA in Houston. I called the number and was told that my claim was sent to the Board for final decision this morning. I am beginning to think that EBenefits is as worthless as most of the so called leaders in Washington D.C. For all the vets in Texas who are represented by the Texas Vet Commission, their number in Houston is 1-713-383-2756 Option 1. Thanks to everyone who responded to my post. Have a great weekend.

Dick Hill

Today 6 Jul 15, I called the Houston number and was told my claim is in deferred status. Anyone know what this status might mean? Will appreciate your thoughts. Dick Hill

Dick:

My FDC claim actually got done primarily within 11 months which really surprised me as I received 80%. About 50% of my claim contentions had gotten adjudicated initially with the rest either being deferred and a very very few being denied. Frankly, it came out better than I had first envisioned? Also, my claims completion date has bounced and forth between 1.5 to 3 years a few times in 11 months. Overall, it drove me crazy because I was not sure why things were going like that and grew very frustrated. However, I later met a very nice VBA rep whom said that every time there's an action on your claim, that a response, review and development stage has to be factored into the date timeline. But, he said that it's mostly the worse case scenario so "don't worry" he said to me? The greatest movement always came with CP exams being completed, so that's a key component to manage-if you can? Anyway, he was right that I had to be patient and I am not a patient person. Because, in the end, it comes down to SMR evidence and if you have good evidence then you'll probably be fine. Also, I believe that if you need to strengthen your claim you should get "buddy statements" or write your own statements of the events. The fact is that in most cases, you were with others when you were hurt or injured anyway. Frankly, I spent years trying to find my old Armor/Tank company executive officer (XO), but finally located him on "Linked-in". When I finally found him (he left the Army after that first assignment), he remembered all of the details of the accident because he was the investigating officer. When he was our XO, we won several awards because he was so sharp and it was good to get his help. Also, to help my case, I wrote a detailed summary of the events and how (the 5 w's) I was injured also. I think you (the Vet) really needs to paint a good picture for anything where there are gaps in the service medical records or events so the rater sees the linkages. At least for me, these injuries have changed my life significantly and I suffer everyday with the immense pain. But, at least now the VA recognizes and treats my injuries and I know it was not not all in vain....so keep working, keep the faith and ensure that you provided strong SMRS & statements and your claim will come out just fine....good luck and godspeed...rootbeer22

Edited by rootbeer22