Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Status Has Changed

Rate this question

DICK HILL

Question

My claim status, after 219 days, finally changed from reviewing evidence to Preparation for Decision. However, now the estimated completion date has changed from August 2015 to August 2016. Can anyone guess why 1 year has been added to the estimated completion date. The Va has all the evidence and the C&Ps that VA ordered have been completed. Got me a bit confused.

Dick Hill

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I wouldn't put too much weight into what is shown on ebenefits. Those dates are often incorrect. Those are just my thoughts.

V/r

Detel

• HadIt.com Elder

Request an expedite on your claim or ask them why you have to wait another freaking year?

preparation for decision should not take that long unless there trying to low ball you.

start checking your BANK Account...it arrives before you get your decision if you win.

jmo

..................Buck

Edited by Buck52

Dick Hill

Understand, you get a change or update on "ebennefits" and it finally feels great that you finally have progress...then you look at the dates and discover it's a year later than you expect? Something similar happned to me a few times and is very frustrating. My Claim dates have changed numerous times and my FDC went from a year to three years for completion, then back down to a year for completion and a BVA Rep said that ebennefits is very hard to rely on -- so he advised not too? Anyway, I've currently been in the Pending Decision Approval Stage for 7 weeks now and one would think that I'm getting closer? Anyway, Vets on this blog write over and over again, every single claim in terms of timeline is different on their own merits & complexities and the claims will get answered when they get answered. Some have been successful getting immediate answers on the "ebennifits" chat feature but I've tired for 3 days and can't get on because it's so busy..I think we all have to develop hobbies or coping mecahism to deal with these difficult waits which drive me personnally crazy.....anyway...good luck and godspeed....

Yesterday I reported that my claim status had finally gone to the Preparation for Decision Phase. I was on Ebenefits again this morning (28 May 15) and the status has gone from Preparation for Decision back to Gathering Evidence and the estimated completion date went from August 2016 to March 2016. Then all of a sudden before my eyes the estimated completion date went from March 2016 to December 2016. I am beginning to think those jack rabbits at VA are trying to screw (pardon my French) with my mind. Also I brought up the pending disabilities page and it has a question mark after each pending disability. Can anybody guess what might be going on. Thanks

Dick Hill

DICK Hill:

It's pretty clear that someone reviewed your claim files and found that you needed more evidence and/or a CP Exam which is probably the case? This happens

all of the time and very frustrating to folks and I'm sorry you have to endure this further. I'm guessing that you will probably get contacted about a new CP Exam fairly soon or something of that nature? At least, they did not just deny you to get it done.....Anyway...keep the faith....