Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Va Needs To Be More Careful Of "who" They Make Wait A Long Time In The Waiting Room

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

The VA may have messed with the WRONG Vet:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2015/06/04/representative-seth-moulton-ordeal-veterans-administration-health-system-spurs-his-first-legislation/O30mN70YGgeKNEhL9BMeXI/story.html

The VA will be forced to give better care, never knowing "who" they will be serving. It looks like they may have to actually treat Veterans decent, if more congress critters do this.

Its really too bad this congress critter did not apply for disability compensation....

Edited by broncovet

Damn, what a story bronco! Great find!

I believe these to be the most important sentences in the article: "It probably didn’t hurt that a congressional physician also called the VA hospital and then showed up unrequested to monitor the exam, Moulton said."

“The really sad part is, at this point, they did know I was a congressman, so I was probably getting far better care than the average patient at the VA,” Moulton said. “And yet they still sent me home without the proper medicines I needed after surgery. The system truly is broken and needs to be fixed.”

Here is this veteran getting examined by a minimum of three full fledged credentialed MDs when most of us are grateful for 10 minutes of a NP's time.

Also, very telling is that VA officials were unwilling to discuss the events even though they had proper releases from the patient.

Exactly. Why should a crooked politician deserve better health care than an honest Veteran??

Congress and the president should be forced to use the health care they promote to us as "world class health care". If VA health care is as great as they say, then why dont they use it??

I can guarntee you that if Michelle Obama went to the VA (tho she is not eligble as her hubby never served), and she got poor health care, something would be done about this immediately.

If Congress truly cared about veterans, this is the kind of investigating that would be done instead of Yet Another IG Dog & Pony Show report that is barked about in public, then dismissed after granting the VA MORE millions to 'fix itself'.

If Congress truly cared - broken & battered veterans wouldn't have to drive past dozens of medical facilities to keep open a union workfare VA hospital; they would be able to get care from professionals close to their homes.

Veterans aren't alien creatures with mysterious mechanisms requiring specialized equipment - it is absurd to maintain a parallel medical system with shady financial practices.

I guarantee you The Mob and/or CIA etc are getting some of those billions allocated to veterans.

It's all tied to politics and there is no more underhanded, corrupt system than the political machine. Lobbyists, Electoral College, etc are just legal forms of corruption and it is disgusting that we, as the American public, accept and expect this corruption as well as a system of unfulfilled campaign promises and lies. It is simply a big public speaking contest with a huge prize and kick backs, for life. An example: take a look sometime at who has been placed in charge of the FDA. Look at their previous positions and their positions after they move on. Almost exclusively, it is simply the CEOs of the major food industry conglomerates, rotating thru the office. So they police themselves, the "government oversight" is a facade.

Don't get me started on my experiences with Nancy Pelosi in Iraq and all the MILLIONS of $$ of "gifts" we had to fly out of Baghdad for her...I have some pictures, it was ridiculous and, when we dropped her off she quite literally refused to even shake hands with the crew. I guess we are all filthy peasants.

Edited by TALON II FE

Don't get me started on my experiences with Nancy Pelosi in Iraq and all the MILLIONS of $$ of "gifts" we had to fly out of Baghdad for her...I have some pictures, it was ridiculous and, when we dropped her off she quite literally refused to even shake hands with the crew. I guess we are all filthy peasants.

Not to add fuel to the fire but I would love to see those. Sad that some of the representatives we call on to help feel the way you mentioned.

Mr. A

:ph34r: " FIGHT TILL YOUR LAST BREATH " :ph34r: