Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Discharge From Voc Rehab

Rate this question

Valhalla0321

Question

Question,

I am in VOC rehab, i am at 70% total, 50% is for Migraines. I informed my VOC rehab counselor that i could not continue my college after being in the program for 2 1/2 years and She said she would write a letter to me for VA since i filed for IU. Well after 6 weeks of back and forth i am now confused. My IU claim was denied based on Nero Doc stating Medz helped with headache pain.. .lie! The letter from counselor did not come in time as she went from the ill write you a letter la d da... to i have to check with supervisor, to.. you must be screened for Independent living.. so i am in disbelief also .. i think she is not going to write anything.

Finally her Supervisor called me to explain Independant Living program and how it is part of Voc rehab.. she asked me if i wanted to be discharged or if i wanted to do eval for ILP, i asked if a letter of support would be generated upon discharge of College due to medical reason and she said, if you are in the program there is no discharge and no letter, basically it's either yes or no to program and ILP does not generate a letter to help in the case of IU is how i understand it.

So the Councilor originally said she would discharge me based on medical conditions, i am wondering if she would just give me a simple discharge from VOC rehab because i don't want which would be counter productive to my case.

I here so many stories of how Vets get a voc rehab to write a letter similar to your's but how and why am i going through all this confusion.. what is correct.. my IU got denied anyway but if the councilor would keep up on her word and saying of what she would write that's a plus.. please help someone..

• HadIt.com Elder

Well when they release you they give a report as to why they released you from voc-rehab and my counselor stated it was not feasible to retrain this veteran because of his service connected disability's, I actually did not ask them to write a letter they just did and sent me a copy, I used it at my DRO Hearing as supporting evidence.

IF you use voc-rehab to go back to school or find you some type work you can do then yes its hard to win your claim if you go back to work or currently working especially TDIU

They didn't have Ebenefits when I did my claim

...................Buck

Edited by Buck52

Thank you all for the comments,

Voc Rehab still dragging feet, they are offering and setting me up for a IL (independent living) in part of voc rehab services. They are working on pulling me from college, however still telling me they can not comment on feasibility or unemployability. I think Voc rehab is going to do a sneak attack with comments of me stating that i no longer want Voc rehab and or college help.. they had me fill out a SOC to support my withdrawal from college and i made it clear that this is being recommended by Voc Rehab and not me saying i don't want to anymore .. wait and see were this goes from here, ill keep everyone updated.

Getting call's from Voc Rehab under secretary and as i explain to them about the letter that once upon a time the Councilor said They would write then retracted that, it appeared as if there is a possibility that a letter can be typed in support because the Undersecretary could have clearly told me right then that they can't do this, but never mentioned that this was not possible... hum..