VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Women Veteran's Retreat

Rate this question

#1Cavtrooper

Question

Moderators if this is in the wrong forum please move to correct forum. Center point retreats formerly The Women's Wilderness Institute is conducting a series of three six- day recovery retreats for women combat Veterans and combat active duty personnel in 2015. These retreats are funded by the Readjustment Counseling Services (sub agency of the Department of Veterans Affairs) and will be free of charge including airfare, for eligible women combat Veterans and combat women active duty personnel. This is a wonderful opportunity for women combat Veterans who served in Iraq, Afghanistan, and the Global War on Terrorism campaigns and who are actively in the process of transitioning to civilian life. The retreats are nourishing, educational, and healing, and provide a peaceful and supportive natural environment for combat Veterans to reconnect with others, to learn specific, body centered tools for recovery from PTSD or chronic stress, and to re-orient towards a fulfilling life of ease and satisfaction.

Unfortunately the Colorado trip is past and the deadline has been met for the Maine trip, but the California trip will give qualified candidates plenty of time to prepare.

May 10-15 Colorado

June 14-19 Maine

Nov 8-13 Southern California

For eligibility requirements and to download an application:

http://www.centerpointretreats.org/2015-retreats/

I am departing on May 14, 2015 and will return on May 19, 2015 and this trip is to Sebago Lake, Maine ... about an hour west of Portland, Maine.

If you google Veterans's Retreats there are quite a few retreats for male and female veterans.

3 answers to this question

I participated in A WWP Odyssey, which I believe is a similar event. It was a very powerful experience and it has helped me tremendously in my individual journey. I would encourage anyone who qualifies for these types of retreats to attend one.

Ours was 12 vets "participating" and 3 other vets leading things. All of them were combat vets as well, with one being a Viet Nam era vet with a psych degree to handle anything which may come up that we couldn't help each other thru in a group environment. We had very little "free time" but that was ok and we were somewhere with no cell phone reception, which was great as well, fewer distractions! I have stayed in touch with a few of the vets I was honored to get to know on that experience and we give each other support as peers thru texts, etc. I hope you get as much out of your retreat as I got from mine!