Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Had C & P Exam

Rate this question

mightytyke

Question

Just found this board the other day, looks good. I had my c and p exam for PTSD yesterday. I have been out of work since late 2012, had to quit my job due to anxiety/panic attacks. I was awarded SSDI last year. The exam seemed like it went pretty quick, he asked about what happened, when some of the issues that I have started. When it ended he stated that he would write up his report and it would be up to the rater.

I was in the Pentagon on 9/11. I was diagnosed with PTSD by civilian doctors. All of the panic attacks/anxiety started out of the blue in 2012. I had to quit my job and go on SSDI. I included contact information for all of the doctors that I went to. The dr that interviewed me left out a few things that would've been relevant to the claim and twisted my wording on other stuff. I also have something else in for another thing that it seems the VA overlooked entirely. It's hard for me to get my medical records to upload them since I no longer live in Virginia.

I was denied PTSD in 2005. I was search and rescue 9/11-9/30(recovery), I was active duty Army. I had a similar experience with the VA back in 2005-2006 (Denied and appealed). I am reopening my claim since the nightmares and flashback haven't gone away. I have about 10 buddy statements from others in my company that were in there with me sifting through debris looking for survivors, only to find deceased and body matter strewn throughout the rubble. I have a C&P 22APR16. I have in my DD Form 2807-1 that I wanted to talk to somebody about nightmares and flashbacks. Yet, the VA still denied compensation.

Edited by R762

Was your C&P Exam done at the VA? The out sourced examiner I had in 2005 totally low balled me like that. I am curious if you appealed this or not. Do not give up! That is the VA's modus operandi. They want you to give up. Hoping for the best for you.