Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Report: Veterans See Even Longer Waits For Health Care While Va Faces Huge Budget Shortfall

ranger11bv

WASHINGTON (AP) — The number of veterans seeking health care but ending up on waiting lists of one month or more is 50 percent higher now than it was a year ago when a scandal over false records and long wait times wracked the Department of Veterans Affairs, The New York Times reported.

The VA also faces a budget shortfall of nearly $3 billion, the Times reported in a story posted online ahead of its Sunday editions. The agency is considering furloughs, hiring freezes and other significant moves to reduce the gap, the newspaper reported.

http://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2015/06/20/report-wait-lists-for-vets-even-longer-today-than-last-year

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life."

10% 1992

10% 1995

10% 2000

10% 2005

10% 2010

10% 2015

2015- found out that I have Post Concussion Syndrome(not SC), Stationed at contaminated installations

Still at that great 10% !!!!!!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

• HadIt.com Elder

Well if the VA goes Broke were all screwed!

.........................Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

I suspect that Congress is just as guilty of financial mismanagement and fraud, waste & abuse. Therefore, they probably don't think it is a big deal.