VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C N P Exam Next Week ( Do I Bring My Mri Reports)

Rate this question

jusus27360

Question

Im having my c n p exam next week, shouldd I bring my medical diagnosis from the mri an.mental health findings? My last exam was 6 years ago an I dont think he looked at anything in my records, just asked questions an rom test. Any input would be greatly appreciated, ive file for tui an I know its hard to get. Once again thanks!

jusus27360 :

I certainly agree with the others and you should bring your SM records to your CP Exams. I noticed that VA doctors/nurses and the two VA Commercial Vendors that perform C & P Exams, QTC and VES approach things somewhat differently. QTC has been around much longer so they are more established and usually tell you not to bring your smr records when you come in? However, it was my first set of QTC CP Exams and they did in fact look at everything I brought in but told me I should have not brought them in anyway-afterwards? Also, with VES, they let me bring my copies of my smrs and took them and also used them as part of my exam decision which really helped me. On the other hand, if you're going to see an actual VA Doctor or Nurse definitely bring in copies of your relevant smrs. In my experience, the VA doctors/nurses were the busiest and although they certify that they look at all of your records, in my case it was clear that they did not look at all of the paperwork? Just remember, the VA doctors are extremely busy so, whatever you hand them make sure that it is short, concise and to the point so that they cover your specific claimed symptoms/contentions. Otherwise, it all gets lost in the big shuffle and they don't pay full attention to it? I was under the FDC Program for my first claim and technically they can move your claim to the longer disability claims process which takes much longer if you add more evidence to your claim. However, I did learned that if the VA asks/requests for you to provided more smrs or documents, that that does not count against you staying in the FDC Program - if new evidence is added? However, the FDC Program is set to expire on August 15, 2015 so time is running out. The other issue is that when the raters send in a CP Exam request to the doctors or vendors, so they are not always clear as to what they actually want the doctor to look at so sometimes the examiner is confused as well? So, the smr evidence that you bring into the exam can make a difference for you on your final rating? That said, I know that some Vets have actually brought in DBQ's that they have filled out and the examiners may use your same language and verbiage on the Final CP Exams that they file for you? So, you may be able to leverage the fact that the examiner is very busy and if you make it easier for them to fill out their CP exam paperwork, it could be an advantage to you or other Vets whom take CP Exams? But my "word of caution" is that the CP examiners are all different, so it's tough to predict their actual flexibility all cases....but you can play the odds that they may look at what you provide during the CP Exams? So, take the gamble... anyway and bring in the records....take care...godspeed.... Rootbeer22

Edited by rootbeer22