Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Retro Pay Question: Overpayment?

Rate this question

RonS

Question

So, I'm pretty new at this. from start to finish, and last Friday, the VA marked my claim completed. Great! Now I wait for the retro and first payment.

So, by VA math, my claim initiated on 10MAR2015, and I should get 3 months of retro, right? So at 60% with 2 kids under 18 and a spouse, my monthly payment should be $1275.09 a month, and the retro payment should be $3825.27, right?

Well, to get on with the point, this morning I received a direct deposit of $xx,xxx.75.

How do I contact the VA to find out if this is correct? Because as we all know, what the .gov gives, the .gov takes away as well.......

Edited by RonS

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Ron,

When were you discharged? If you were discharged March 14, 2014 or later you would be entitled to retro back to your discharge date. File within one year of discharge and you get retro back to discharge date. If you were not discharged within past year, I am not sure why your retro is so high.

GP

Correction: Should have stated March 11, 2015 or later not March 14, 2015. My error.

I retired from the reserves 1 JUL 2011. Left active duty 14 APR 2004. I'm pretty confused.

Also, eBenefits is a mess right now, and I can't log iin.....

Edited by RonS

had you filed a claim before and been denied or had it sitting there? I had filed for my migraines back in 2012 but it kept not getting decided for years and was finally granted at 0% but backdated to 2012 since it was "continuously prosecuted" since that date and the VA had never made a decision.

Just got word from my VSO, it was no mistake!

They brought you back to you back a year earlier because it was your first claim and the medical documentation showed a clear diagnosis. It is Public Law 112-154 Section 506. It allows the VA to take it back a year earlier.

ALL THAT RETRO IS YOUR MONEY!!

Holy poop.