Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Increase

Rate this question

WOLF14

Question

Going for a C&P Exam for increase of some SC injuries. All are service connected and range from 0% - 30%. Will this C&P exam only focus on what I am claiming for increase or more?

V/r

Wolf

• HadIt.com Elder

Wolf - the VA is supposed to assume you are seeking the maximum, allowed by law. You can choose what you believe you should be rated but I recommend not doing that, unless you are seeking a 100% rating or TDIU. You may be shooting yourself in the foot, if you suggest what they should rate you! jmo

pr

Edited by Philip Rogers

PR,

Thank you for the timely reply. I've provided all my records since retirement on my injuries "such as my back" that's been getting worse since I retired in 2011, I want to leave it up to the examiner, with respect to my documented worsening symptoms to properly evaluate me. I am at 20% for my back since 2011 and its gotten worse :(

• HadIt.com Elder

Wolf - sounds like you're okay. The reason I stated what I did is because I helped a veteran, who had been assisted twice, by his Congress Critter(CC), who had requested an increase, for him. The VA responded, to the CC, that he was receiving the max allowed, for his disability. They had been requesting an increase, on his skin condition, which was currently rated at the max allowed, of 50%, for that condition. I requested that he be awarded TDIU and the Central Office, in DC, agreed. He'd been dealing w/that claim for 15yrs, when he finally met me. You need to be careful what you ask for, w/the VA. jmo

pr

Edited by Philip Rogers

Wolf, how did you request an increase? I have 0% SC for rhinitis and have been on a steroid medication for a few years now so I think I can request an increase...just not sure how to do it. Thanks

Bolt,

At the bare minimum they wlll say no, and you stay where you are...however, they may say "Yes!"...so it's always worth the chance. Especially if you already have evidence in your SMR.

Andy