VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mmpi-2 Questions

Rate this question

Jaydog

Question

Hello, I just had a C & P Exam on 8 July 2015. I am trying to get answers as to what they are looking for on the MMPI-2 test on the computer ? I took 1 That had about 550 Questions and another one that had 175 Questions. I don't remember what the second one was. I guess I did not pay attention because it was the 2nd test and i was already burnt out over the first one. I ended up having to take those computer tests after I got done talking to psychologist for about 2 Hours. Their is not a lot of information on this site about these test . If anyone has insight about what they are looking for that would be great.

Thank you

5 answers to this question

• Founder

Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI)

The Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI) is a psychological test that assesses personality traits and psychopathology. It is primarily intended to test people who are suspected of having mental health or other clinical issues. Although it was not originally designed to be administered to non-clinical populations...

What Is the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory?

Thanks for the link it was very informative, but left me with other questions as to why some veterans have to take it and others do not. Is their a criteria that has to be met or is there another reason for it. Not sure if I should be looking at it as a positive or a negative? Thanks

I think these tests can cause problems. Parts of the test are meant to determine if the taker is over exaggerating symptoms. Of course, they seem to give the tests when the veteran is in a highly emotional and fragile state after speaking with the Examiner for a lengthy period of time and delving into stressors, etc.

Good luck.

Kate

I had those test a few months back when I had my PTSD review, and even though they were long, it was not as big a deal as you think. Just another tool for the VA Psych Docs to use. They look at the overall Medical Evidence. Good luck