Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Very Important!

Rate this question

Cavman

Question

Everyone always preaches about making copies of everything and here is a perfect example why.

In my letter with my VCAA form regarding my claim for tinnitus it states they have received my evidence from a shrink I am in treatment for, for PTSD. That was sent at a different time regarding my appeal for IU. It has nothing to do with tinnitus. All the stuff I sent for tinnitus isn`t even mentioned. So now I will make copies of my copies regarding my appeal and new claims and drive to the RO and try to explain it to some dumbass as he/she watches the clock counting the seconds until lunch.

Might also be a lesson here to let your appeal be decided before you blow their mind with another claim.

Cavman

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Yeah- those letters can be misleading- I check everything.

They not only sent my AO claim to the BVA without addressing any evidence at all- then they (at the 800#) said they sent my CUE claims there too and I raised Hell-but these claims were still in progress at the RO.

But I found out that they also sent on appeal -a claim I had withdrawn when they clarified it was not an open issue and then I filed a CUE on it.

I think the BVA is the only entity at the VA that read my remand request and my I-9 where I clearly stated on the first page that my medical evidence had been ignored.I dont even think my POA read the appeal.

It was all remanded and being worked on- so they say-----I have 3 IMOs - they never addressed two of them and I got an additional IMO in August. I have contacted someone who will prepare even another one if needed.These other IMos were sent to them many times so they cant say they didnt get them.

This is SOP in my past experience with this RO to continuously ignore my evidence and string it all out.I also had a former vet rep who seemed to be working against me.

I still believe however that strong well worded IMOs are what is needed to turn around most claims these days.

If I had gotten a proper VCAA notice- on my AO claim- per the BVA in another widow's remand-the notice would have told me to get an IMO on the veteran's death.

I overcame the VCAA violation on my AO claim myself by doing what the BVA suggested in this fairly recent remand.

When the VA says you need to give them "competent medical evidence"

I say-in most cases-competency might only come from a IMO and not from their doctors.

Edited by Berta