Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fake The Date

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

This has happened to many of us. I know it has happened to me. The VA "fakes the date" in order to pay us less retro.

This "fake date" stuff goes on widely, and I hope VA employees who do this get caught and wind up in jail.

Of course, we would have to ask "Why do they do this?". This is key. It happens way to often for me to think that somebody/some group does not get paid for this.

There is simply no reason for VA to fake the date unless they have a "dog in the fight". Why else would they risk their career to change the date?

I have not figured out how employees profit, but it is something close to this. The RO gets xx million dollars to pay Vets their benefits. If the RO actually spends xx million - 5 million, then that is 5 million where VARO employees can use for "other stuff".

Yea..they could use that saved money for new computer systems for Veterans, more employees to talk to vets on the phone, or a hundred different things. But I think they throw wild parties, or dish out lucrative contracts to their friends with the money.

It just does not make sense that VA "fakes the date" if the date truly made no difference to them.

Did anyone else have VA fake the date?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Just a good example as why we need our own copies of everything certified return receipts, and copies off the internet via e-benefits.

I make copies if the VA sends me anything(except my VA Appointments but I discard those) after the Appointment and get the progress notes and add them to my VA Collection. even if it don't pertain to my claims.

just so I have it.

..................Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

In my sc award letter that I got during the appeal process, It stated that I initially sought treatment 3/11. I filed my claim 4/10. Guess what retro date they gave me? Effective date nod is a year old and still at RO. The whole thing is a numbers game. Incompetence or being done purposefully?