Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hey Folks, Got A Question.

Rate this question

CVET04

Question

Hello,

I am new to the site don't know if this has been covered already. I was looking at my Ebenefit site under claim disabilities and it listed me with tinnitus sc 10%, degen athur back and knees 10 % and PTSD 70 % (non combat). I don't understand the non combat part. My ptsd is directly related to combat. What does this mean?

• HadIt.com Elder

If you were not already rated it would be a big deal. It is a big deal because the VA should get it right. Hadit can help you with your appeal..Don't put it off since you are not working treat your appeal as if it were a job.

Good Luck

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Always get the combat info in and the medal(s) proving it. If you file for anything else you will get the 38 USC 1154(b) Combat presumptive. Anything you say, short of stuff about alien abduction, is the truth, the whole  truth and nothing but the truth. VA has to accept it as the truth and they can't just say it's a fig newton of your imagination. This is important in claims and is referred to as credibility. It's more important that the presumption of soundness when you enter service.

Hello,

I am new to the site don't know if this has been covered already. I was looking at my Ebenefit site under claim disabilities and it listed me with tinnitus sc 10%, degen athur back and knees 10 % and PTSD 70 % (non combat). I don't understand the non combat part. My ptsd is directly related to combat. What does this mean?

When you filed did you do it via paper or online?  If you did it online did you file PTSD with the addition that its combat related.  All of my contentions gave me the option to add combat related when I filed for an increase in PTSD in february.  

It won't affect your compensation but as others have said you should get it fixed as it may come into play if/when you apply for an increase and also helps with you not having to prove the majority of contentions you make regarding your ptsd or other related disabilities.

Zaidon, Karmah, Fallujah

Operation Southern Fire

2/2 Easy Co Warlords

OIF III