Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Inferred Contention?

Rate this question

Andyman73

Question

Ok, me again, hope to not be such a bothersome nuisiance...but here goes...

I had an MRI done in conjunction with back C&P. MRI report states moderate to severe narrowing of neural foramina, bilateral, of L5-S1.

I had EMG done, a few months later, to check on neural transmission in my lower extremities. The doc said in her report that some of my foot issues could possibly be related to the back issues that the MRI revealed.

Is this enough to file a claim for radiculapathy? Please advise, all ye who have knowledge.

Thanks,

Andy

• HadIt.com Elder

what's the difference filing a FDC vs Formal claim?

FDC is all your eggs in one basket so to speak (CORRECT?)...a Formal claim is like filing for a whole new claim and the VA will possibly look into your other SC disability's (CORRECT ?) and see if there is any improvement.

FDC claims don't, IF the FDC claim is approved the VA duty to assist will inferred a possible SMC? or the veteran could request it in his claim.

Is this correct?

................Buck

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Now that I have finally figured out the new layout.   

Back issues are SC'd,  as are feet.  But the radiculapathy has developed overtime. Sounds like secondary to me.  I don't recall if it was noted in my strs, but I did note it on 2 separate health surveys while I was still on AD.