Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu awarded at bva hearing

Rate this topic

liamgero

my tdiu was granted along with all my other issues.  I went to a bva video hearing.     I have question though.   Now what happens?  I do have one issue that said it was remanded though.     But everything else was approved and my tdiu was granted.   Will it go too local office and get signed off and then my back pay etc get paid too me soon?  How long after decision do you get paid. ?  Thank you 

After the BVA decision, you have to have another decision, this time by the VARO, implementing the Board decision.  While this is supposed to be done quickly and even automatic, mine took 3 years and fighting with the VA just to get them to implement the Board decision.  You could get the money as early as a month or so, or it could take several years.  

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations on winning!

Check your bank account every day or so. Most folks actually see it hit the bank a day or two before receiving the award letter. The retro may be a separate payment than the new payment amount that you would receive on the 1st of the month. Don't spend any money before you see it hit the bank!

• HadIt.com Elder

The TDIU award should be the same date as when you filed the official paperwork for TDIU, but it could be earlier depending on your SSDI status at the time or a hospitalization for the TDIU condition.  I got TDIU awarded earlier due to being hospitalized about 6 months prior to actually filing for TDIU.  My hospital records showed a GAF of 40 at the time which would have made me unemployable at that time.  Of course, I had to claim the EED.  Now if you got TDIU for one specific issue the other ratings may put you in the HB zone.   TDIU is total disability and any other ratings are on top of that as in Total plus 60% =  SMC  "S".  The VA has sort of backed into that one because they make you claim one disability as the one that makes you TDIU.  I was TDIU for one issue and then got an extra 60% for another and got "S".

Thanks.  I meant the retro pay.   I figure the increase in pay will come at first of month just like my check every month.       Everything approved tdui snd all except the one issue for remand.    I figure that remind will just be a on going thing.  They will sign off and issue my money soon right?

The VA is slow but you can check the progress of the TDIU award at ebenefits (I hope) and if they seem to be lollygagging over the payment, read this post:

and then copy that Fast Letter from Bradley Mayes in the above topic , and mail it to the VARO and  ask them where your money is. Or Use IRIS to do that.

BVA awards have to paid whether another part of the claim is remanded or not.

They really dont have to rate the TDIU as BVA granted it but they will have to prepare the proper EED and add any dependents ...unless they forget to

Edited by Berta

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use