Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P scheduled while I was Inpatient

Rate this question

1LARrafe

Question

I was inpatient on VA Pysch ward for 10 days and then sent to a 28 day substance abuse program. While I was inpatient my mother received a letter from RO that I needed to call by July 13th to schedule my C & P exams. My mother called the number on July 15th and explained that I was inpatient and she said no problem for me to call and reschedule when I got out. I called and rescheduled on 8/7 and have my C & P's 8/26 & 8/27, we received in the mail the next day from the Atlanta RO that my disability claim was denied for failure to report, WTH!!! My question is do I have to go through the whole NOD process now?

4 answers to this question

I don't want to give you any false information so take it for what it is worth.  If you are rescheduled you should not have any problem.  However, to be on the safe side I would write to the Regional Office and state exactly what you have written in this post. Also, you might want to call Peggy and send an email to IRIS.    https://iris.custhelp.com/app/ask

Good luck to you

I was scheduled for a C and P, the RO cancelled it and rescheduled then denied me for failing to appear for a C and P exam. (I attended the "new" exam).  

Its called "top sheeting" where the RO only reads a couple paragraphs and whips out the "Claim denied" rubber stamp.  

I wrote to Allison Hickey, and, lo and behold the VARO director told me it would not be denied.  So, they redid the decision and denied it erroneously (again) because they did not consider all my disabilities for TDIU, just half of them.  

So, my advice is to write to allison so you can get a denial for something better, that you can appeal.  

Edited by broncovet

What ever you decide to do, write Allison Hickey, send an Iris, call Peggy (1 800-827-1000), make sure you make those C & P exams on August 26 and 27 no matter what.  It is very crucial to your claim to never miss a C & P exam.  Yes, it is understandable why you missed the first exam but try not to miss or reschedule any future exam because it could cause VA to deny your claim.

Thanks so much for responding to my questions, needless to say it's NOT been a good weekend for me. But as the Calvin Coolidge quote goes "Perseverance and Persistence are omnipotent".  I have sent a question through IRIS and will call Peggy today.

Again thanks for all you do !!!!!