VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Informal Claim ? ?

Rate this question

carlie

Question

This was my first C&P ever at VA.

Vets here have told me in the past that the Tinnitus alleged counts as an informal claim because I had filed my 21-526, original claim.

Any opinions available ?

Thanks

Carlie

VA AMBULATORY CARE CLINIC

St. Petersburg, Fla. _

October 5, 1978

SPECIAL EAR EXAMINATION

HISTORY: Hearing loss and otitis media which this veteran developed in February 1978 as shown by ear ache and pain, but no drainage from the ear. She was an Army Radar repair worker who was exposed to loud noisy atmosphere she alleges as well as on the rifle range and PA systems which she repaired, also fired guns in training - M-l6s and so forth, producing hearing loss. Early com¬plaints of dizziness and concussion she was subjected to and ringing in the ears and noise in the ears; also for the concussions. She is taking medication in the form of Parafon Forte, is an antidepressant.

EXAMINATION: Reveals clear ear canals, normal drums, no perforation scars or

drainage seen. The drums are healthy looking. Weber is negative. All k tuning forks are heard bilaterally. The Rinne is: RBC=l6, RAC=35, LBC=15,

DIAGNOSIS:

1) Tinnitus alleged.

2) Right ear hearing normal.

3) Left ear hearing normal.

4) Otitis media, not confirmed this examination.

ERNEST F. KISH, M. D.

By the way - the RX Parafon Forte was not an anti-depressant and has never been used for that reason by medical professionals. It is a muscle relaxer and was RX'd to me as such for cervical neck spasms.

Thanks,

carlie

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Carlie

Are you still shocked at the VA's gross incompetence? I am. Oh, and by the way I still find other vet's medical information in my C-File every time I request it or look at it. I had a hearing exam over at the USF medical center that is right next to the Tampa VAMC. They said I had slight hearing loss. I have a hearing loss at the high frequency. The doctor said hearing aide would not help and it is not treatable. What disagnosis would best fit these symptoms. Would it be loss due to exposure to loud noise? I heard plenty in RVN.