Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success @ 90%

Rate this topic

bayou4cj

I received my rating 90%, which is feel is a success.  Thanks to everyone @‌ had it.com.  The advice provided to veterans was very helpful to me and helped me understand how to weed through VA processes.  My story is a long one, retired 2009, and received initial rating of 30% 1 year later.  Had a terrible C&P examiner at first and second C&P exams. I appealed the first rating which then took 2 years to be completed and the results were not beneficial.  That's when I discovered hadit.com, just before my next appeal.  Not satisfied with the 2nd VA compensation award, still at 30% with obvious missed ratings by the regional office,  I appealed to Veterans Board of Appeals.  I read testimonials and advice here which helped me complete my BVA appeals documents and get my service medical documents together.  The best advice received was to list each ailment separately and using bullet statements to point out specific dates, times and diagnosis, which specific SMR pages attached.  I made a packet for EACH condition the same way, some were 10 pages of SMR long while others were in excess of 50 pages. When I put a bullet statement on the Statement of Case for, I referenced the page numbers from SMR that correlated with what I was saying. After initial review I was granted SC for 3 additional claims and the remaining 10 claims remanded for additional C&P's in July 2014.  1 year later RO awarded 90% SC with finale review sent to VBA.  C&P doctors still denied my claims for Sleep Apnea, GERD, HBP and Sciatica, which I'm waiting for final BVA review, I once again wrote a letter to VBA pointing out where C&P doctors were wrong.  My fights not over yet but the knowledge I've gained though this process has given me fortitude to continue pressing forward.  Received a letter from VBA, (Vet Appeals Board) today that they have my C file from RO and should finalize there review in about 30 days.  The advice to appeal is what got me here and I can't thank everyone enough. 

This is great advise for everyone here:

"The best advice received was to list each ailment separately and using bullet statements to point out specific dates, times and diagnosis, which specific SMR pages attached.  I made a packet for EACH condition the same way, some were 10 pages of SMR long while others were in excess of 50 pages. When I put a bullet statement on the Statement of Case for, I referenced the page numbers from SMR that correlated with what I was saying. After initial review I was granted SC for 3 additional claims and the remaining 10 claims remanded for additional C&P's in July 2014.  1 year later RO awarded 90%"

Congrats on the award!

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations on your win!

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

Target selected, target eliminated.  Way to go. Congrats and good luck.

Mr. A

:ph34r: " FIGHT TILL YOUR LAST BREATH " :ph34r:

Congrats on the great news. Good luck and keep us posted

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma