Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Choice Program

Rate this question

RUREADY

Question

I had to go to the Director office about my consult for acupuncture. The consult was sitting

on nobody desk, but in the end I got approve.

Just wondering is anybody heard every vet will gets Choice program starting Nov 1. I seen the memo but just

not sure it said everyone or not. That's what I was told anybody?

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I should have gotten a copy of the letter and I was but after 2-3 hours in the Director

office just forgotten about it. I will try to get it tomorrow after appointment. Some people

will say one thing but the letter says something else I just glance over it didn't read it through.

• HadIt.com Elder

That is some bill that a politician has proposed.  It is not a law.  Taking all that money from the Choice Program to treat Hep C is a hell of a trade off.  The VA screws one group of vets to help another deserving group of vets.  How diabolical can you get?

I never said its the law yet and before you get a law you got to have a bill

I said I seen the memo in the Director office about Nov 1 like I said you have to read

to understand

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe that the implementation of the "choice program" was(and is) so poor that it's not really able to meet the promises and goals. And if VA's past record is any guide, never will be in our lifetimes.

What I think should be done:

Use Medicare as a guide, and even, if there is no better choice, as the authorizer and payer, with the VA paying the co-pays when appropriate, and out of pockets.

The current situation, requiring many veterans to pay into Medicare while using VA is ludicrous. 

The VA is required to pay and provide medical services to these veterans.

Yet, the VA often cannot or will not, forcing use of Medicare.

The death of "private insurance" for those over 65 is looming on the horizon. many of the companies that have/had retiree

medical insurance plans are dumping the plans in favor of "Medicare Advantage".

:wacko:Seems the major "Advantage" goes to the companies and government.

Just think of how many VA administrative positions this would eliminate. and realize that the additional numbers would hardly impact the overall Medicare system.:rolleyes:

Edited by Chuck75

I believe that the implementation of the "choice program" was(and is) so poor that it's not really able to meet the promises and goals. And if VA's past record is any guide, never will be in our lifetimes.

The problem is not the program its the people who don't have a CLUE of how it is suppose to work

I was told they are having classes training people right now for the program. The Doctor have fill out

4-5  consults for me but its always the wrong form or goes to someone where it sits on his desk not knowing

what thee hell to do. If this pass you got to any Doctor you want. You can complain on her about this an that

but if you don't tell the right person like complain to CHOICE, Director, Bob, Hickley, even the PRESIDENT

tell somebody about it what you think that can help you cant change the a system overnight without problems

I do this all the time because if they don't know the problems they sure cant fix them. Nothing wrong with complaining

just make your complain known to VBA. RU

Edited by RUREADY