• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA claims process lightning fast now?

Rate this question

killemall

Question

Ive been doing VA claims for 11 years.

At first they were two plus years

Then a year and a half to two years

Then my last one in 2013 was 14 months..

Well I put in a quick claim for 7 contentions on August 10 2015.....

I checked ebenifits and just 3 weeks later it says they are in the decision phase???

My estimated claim close date in Sep 15 2015..

We are talking 1 to 2 months....

Is it really this awesome now?

The claims have gotten a lot faster over the last 2 years, but then again my last FDC filed Nov 14, was prep for decision phase for over 2 months, then went back to Gathering of Evidence, multiple C&Ps ordered, and VA decided to Review all of my high conditions in Feb 15, even though there were not up for Review until Feb 16. Good luck and keep us posted

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

Folks

I made a prediction that this would happen as we get towards the end of this FY. The VBA has been promising congress for 3 years  they would get the claims backlog down substantially by the end of this FY. So, all of those promises are now coming due. The good news is that claims are flying off the shelf right now to get them done. So, right now is the best time to have a claim pending, especially if it's not very complicated and only a few contentions. I would imagine that the claims adjudicators and staff right now are pretty tired as they work overtime. As a result, there's a tendency to make mistakes now and hopefully, most of the mistakes are favoring the Vets and their claims? Also, I would imagine that a lot of money is being spent now by the VBA for claims. That said, I think there will be a time where VBA is going to increase the claims reviews to see how accurate the claims have been during this big claims Push to get the claims backlog down to where it is right now....take care...Rootbeer22

Berta

So as to not hijack this post, I do think claims times at the RO are getting faster, but only by compromising quality.    They simply "top sheet" the claim, or dont read it at all.  

One big problem for you (and me, and other Vets), is the Chevron deference.  It means, that, absent Clear unmistakable error, the "agency" gets to interpret their own regulations, and the courts will "defer" to agency interpretation.  

In my case, the VARO interpreted 4.85 b  "horizontal" to mean "vertical" and "vertical" to mean "horizontal".  NO kidding!