• donate-be-a-hero.png

Proposal to reduce my benefits

Rate this question

amirsun

Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

First, go to the hearing!

If you have any idea of what basis the VA is using to try and reduce, you should be able to counter it if at all possible with evidence of some kind or another.

This may involve an independent medical opinion (IMO),etc. Even a letter from a treating doctor or others qualified to comment is better than nothing.

Without details of what the award was for, and the basis for the proposed reduction, it's kinda hard to make useful suggestions.

you posted earlier, there was a lot of feedback but you never came back to respond or upload docs.

Please read through all the responses people took time to write over there.  provide further informaiton and request docs over there not here, so that we all can see it.

70% - PTSD

->50% - OSA (Secondary to PTSD)

30% - Bilateral Pes Planus w/Plantar Fasciitis

30% - Migraines

10% - Tinnitus

20% - Back

0% - bilateral shin splints

USMC_VET

How long did it take for the process to notify you of the reduction?  I just got my claim adjudicated favorably and now it appears that they are challenging some of the results due to a deferred claim CP that I just had? The irony is that when I went to do the CP, the Doctor said she was not even sure why I was there in the first place? The Doc's office was so disorganized that it  I was not very confident at what the outcome would be. Other vets were making comments about all of the medical records strewn all over the office and on the floor as well? That said, I have good evidence but I know that the doctors don't always read it...so we'll see?  Either way, the second phase of my claim is in the "pending decision" phase, so I should have an idea over the next two months what the outcome is going to be? Hopefully, it's not going to turn into a reduction letter or fight? I have a lot of positive smr evidence so hopefully, they will read it and consider it in their final determination...good luck with your reduction issues, and please keep us informed. I've got my fingers crossed for you that it will all come out in your favor....good luck and Godspeed...Rootbeer22.

Edited by rootbeer22