VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

UPS deliveries

Rate this topic

Has anybody experience UPS losing their pain medications and not delivering them? What do I do about this if I don't receive them by next Tuesday? Luckily I did go to my local ER to obtain a temporary prescription for 3 days but what do I do afterwards? I called the Pharmacy today and they said to wait and see because UPS has until 8pm tonight to deliver them. What the VA Pharmacy don't realize is for the past 3 years UPS has delivered them on or before 12 noon.

Anyway do I call Pharmacy back tomorrow to REFILL them or how do I go about this because I do not want to go through the withdraw symptoms.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

My VAMC does not use UPS. They use good ol' USPS who usually just tries to stuff them in my mailbox or leave them on my door mat.

I would ask the pharmacy to give you the tracking number so you can see where it's at.

Vync I have and it only shows it was picked up and that is it. VA Pharmacy nor UPS knows where they are. These are not regular meds that come in the mail this is Oxycodone that is delivered by UPS.

I guess I will be taking a trip to the Tampa VA ER come Monday if they are not delivered by this evening or tomorrow. I've experienced sudden withdraws and they are not fun and worse than the pain itself.

I know this is not any consolation but I ran out of the Butrans  and Oxycontin,  man that is bad withdrawal experience. It's kind of high on my insurance it's like 250 for the Butrans although  the  Oxy is not terrible at 10 bucks. I've repeatedly asked my VA PCP if I can get the VA to cover this but you know how that goes. Getting harder to afford lately.

Here the last few rx s sent by the VA via mail have been damaged.  Luckily bottles were not.  But psych meds, pain meds, heart meds, are not fun to run out of either.

I have to say though, as much as I can complain about the VA rx system, I've been getting meds from them for a few years, I can count the deliveries issues on one hand. That is not a bad track record.  But man when the meds don't get delivered or messed up in transit.   That  really sucks. I wish they could transfer it to a local pharmacy when that happens or something.

Rpowell I feel for you I do.  10mg of oxycontin and it messed with me a bit losing a few days when I ran out.  I hope you don't have to go to the ER but I can understand your pain, I've been having some issues myself even with alternating pain treatments.  Take it easy, hopefully the USPS delivers soon.  

Has anybody experience UPS losing their pain medications and not delivering them? What do I do about this if I don't receive them by next Tuesday? Luckily I did go to my local ER to obtain a temporary prescription for 3 days but what do I do afterwards? I called the Pharmacy today and they said to wait and see because UPS has until 8pm tonight to deliver them. What the VA Pharmacy don't realize is for the past 3 years UPS has delivered them on or before 12 noon.

Anyway do I call Pharmacy back tomorrow to REFILL them or how do I go about this because I do not want to go through the withdraw symptoms.

You can track your shipment at https://www.myhealth.va.gov/mhv-portal-web/anonymous.portal?_nfpb=true&_nfto=false&_pageLabel=mhvHome. If it wasn't delivered and tracking shows it hasn't moved from it's last known location in days, you should be able to call the VA pharmacy and get it resent or have it filled and go pick it up if that's possible for you.

Edited by bluevet

Well I checked the tracking on UPS. BTW you can't check tracking on meds sent by UPS on the VA's website (myhealthevet). Again it only shows it was picked up by UPS but other than that is shows nothing else on UPS's website. I guess I will head to the ER at Tampa VA to get it filled. I went to my local ER and showed them and told them the situation and they fillled me 3 days worth. This is the 2nd time I have had issues with UPS. The first time they crushed a whole bottle of pain meds, literally crushed the whole bottle. Let me tell you I let the drive know the next month.

I guess I will head over there to the ER on Monday morning to get more because of Tropical storm Ericka. My VA PCP won't talk to me on secure messages after I told him I was going to file a complaint above the VA if I wasn't going to get treatment after I complete their Chronic Pain Management Program for 19 days to wean off the oxycodone. I don't think he liked that. The VA hasn't done much for me except dehydrate me with all their pills.