Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C-file sent to someone else

Rate this question

Andyman73

Question

Hello all,

Hope this isn't a repeat, I thought I wrote this yesterday evening, but now can't find it. 

Yesterday's mail brought a most interesting letter from the VA.  It was from the director of the records depot in St. Louis.  Apparently "they" sent my C-file to another Veteran.  That Vet's lawyer contacted the records office to inform them of their error.  I am still feeling quite beside myself about this.  Strangely enough, they didn't bother to send me my C-file with this letter.  So I still don't have it, but I have a letter saying someone else got it.

Lucky for me, they are offering me a free 1yr paid premium subscription to a credit monitoring service. 

I got a MH apt on Monday, not sure how that's gonna go, now, because of this. 

Any thoughts on what I should do now?  Thanks in advance.

Semper Fi.

Andy

• HadIt.com Elder

Its good a honest veteran sent them back   most veterans I know are honest  but there could be a few thats not

so good for us honest veterans :smile:

Hope you get it all straighten out soon  Andyman73

........Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Buck,

Yep, us honest ones help keep the system from total collapse.  The director told me that he himself is a Veteran, and one of his children is currently serving on Active Duty.  So he has some scratch in the game too.

On a side note, I did get my c-file.  I spent 3 hours grazing through it and found notes from late 1999 or early 2000 from a knee exam.  The doc was looking at an MRI I had done and noted cysts in one of my knees.  She mulled that they mostly likely were the result of trauma(I fell down the stairs during boot camp). And that they might be the cause of my joint pain.  Also said she wouldn't be amiss to suggest surgery to remove said cysts to alleviate the pain in that knee.  I never  knew that.  So, now I think that is cause for a secondary contention claim, as it seems that at least one VA doc thought the cyst was caused by the trauma.

Anyway, thanks again for your support.

Andy