Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success?

Rate this topic

Marineswife

Well today we received a letter from a NSO in OK (where my husband's claim rating was apparently brokered to) and it states that it is an "Unofficial notification of VAs decision" So according to the DAV NSO here is the breakdown on the letter dated 8/28/15: 

SC for PTSD granted at 100 percent effective 11/20/2014

SC for tinnitus granted at 10 percent same date effective

Basic eligibility for DEA established from 11/20/14

SC for hearing loss denied

Nothing has changed on ebenes in his letters or anywhere except in the Dependents area I am listed as "awarded" in compensation area. They still have him in the "Prep for Notification" status.  

Should we be popping the cork on the Apple Cider yet? Or just cautiously optimistic? Frankly when I was shocked when I opened the letter because this is our first rodeo and as some of you might remember, we had a good Nexxus letter ( and a great C&P exam BTW) but forgot to file the 0781 with the FDC. We took the gamble and didn't send anything else so as not to be kicked out of the Express lane. Am I correct in assuming that it appears as if "letting sleeping dogs lie" was the right choice?

Thank you all so much for your help and words of encouragement! I don't know what I would've done without this site! You can believe that Hadit.com will be on our "Pay it Forward" list when he does get paid! 

Thanks again,

Marineswife

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations on the 100% S.C. PTSD that is a hard claim to get 100%

sometimes it pays to let the sleeping dogs lay.

if he also got P&T your eligible for chapter 35 P&T  its one of the awards that have many other benefits.

This is great news  again congratulations on the win& THANK YOU!

You guys might check your Bank Account!!!

ENJOY!

..................Buck

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Thanks Buck!

The letter doesn't say anything about the P&T... I did check our account today and nothing yet. I still have that little voice telling me "don't celebrate yet" since the letter says "this is unofficial". I think I would feel a lot better if his letters or something on ebenes would change even though I know from everybody on here that ebenes is slooow to update.. I gotta tell ya, when I got that small white envelope from the DAV today, my heart skipped a beat thinking "Oh no, here we go with the NODs etc etc" So I was pleasantly surprised to read all this! I guess I just don't trust it until I get something "Official" or the money's in the bank! LOL

• HadIt.com Elder

Stay positive   a unofficial letter is a darn good letter to get with that kind of info...just hang in there it should be official anyday.now!!!

I would bet he got it...usually the $$is in the Bank before the big brown official envelope arrives!

its nerve wracking to say the least...we all been there.

............Buck 

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

The DEA should mean P & T was awarded.

DEA (Dependents Educational Program) is also called Chapter 35 and it is wonderful!

When I transferred my credits from a traditional college to American Military University they paid for the credits I needed for my degree.

I think it was about 13 thousand or more....

And the P & T will award CHAMPVA.

I never got anything from VA about CHAMPVA accept a very brief letter years ago saying I would formally have to apply for it.

CHAMPVA has a web site where the app is and it is also Wonderful.

This is GREAT News!!!!!!

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Congrats on the Good News, sounds like it went well

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II