• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C File Request

Rate this question

USMC_VET

Question

So i had requested my c file in june. 

I recently request an update via IRIS (3 weeks ago) and this was their response

"Your Privacy Act Request submitted on June 1, 2015, is pending and our records show correspondence was sent to you on June 16, 2015, acknowledging the receipt of your request.

At this time we are unable to provide a specific time frame for completion of your Privacy Act Request.

Please keep in mind that all FOIA requests are completed on a first come, first serve basis. The law requires a response within 20 working days of the date that the request is received by the custodian of the record. Within that time, the custodian of the record is required to at least advise the requester VA has received their request, and whether VA has any information responsive to the request. If feasible, the requested information will also be released within 20 working days. If there is a backlog of pending requests, it will take longer to provide a final response."

Now I am aware that if you have a pending claim that will hold it up, but they did not mention that, they mentioned the "first come, first serve basis" and "feasible" in regards to the 20 days.

what is your opinion

70% - PTSD

->50% - OSA (Secondary to PTSD)

30% - Bilateral Pes Planus w/Plantar Fasciitis

30% - Migraines

10% - Tinnitus

20% - Back

0% - bilateral shin splints

One suggestion, once you do get a copy of your C-File.  Photo-process hard-to-read pages in Adobe Photoshop or an equivalent software.  Play with the contrast, curves, brightness, etc., in order to bring up the details that are nearly wiped out be the multi-generations of scanning &printing hard copies. 

I firmly believe that the VA does this with purpose in mind.  IMO, the VA cannot stand to have an "independent" source know more than they do (at any point in time).  After THREE years of dealing with them RE my Claims, I see a pattern of deception and denial on the VA's part.  And that is within BOTH the VHA and the VBA.  Be a professional skeptic with regards to each and every VA communication/decision.  Data-mine everything in your C-File, NOT just what the VA uses,but also the information the VA FAILS, or chooses not to use.  It may be important in your case. 

About a year ago, I eventually hired a lawyer to help with this, as it was getting very burdensome.  The lawyer helps a lot, but also do your own due diligence (as suggested above).

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Something else ya'll can do, if you aren't getting anywhere.  Trying using the complain option on IRIS, since complaints go to a higher up type worker, either a supervisor or above.  I had requested my C-file back in May, requested update via IRIS in late June. Filed complaint via IRIS in late July. Received C-file 2 weeks after complaint...so it's worth a try, the complaint option via IRIS may get you there.

Semper Fi.

Andy

I just another IRIS message requesting action.  If i dont receive a response by monday i am sending a letter to OGC 

70% - PTSD

->50% - OSA (Secondary to PTSD)

30% - Bilateral Pes Planus w/Plantar Fasciitis

30% - Migraines

10% - Tinnitus

20% - Back

0% - bilateral shin splints