Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Rating for Anxiety without a C/P Exam?

Rate this question

lmoore1436

Question

I applied for disability (Anxiety, ankle, gastrointestinal issues) on January 16, 2015. Just last week the status changed to pending decision approval and I was wondering if there are any reasons that I wouldn't have been given a C/P exam? I went to the doctor three or four times for the anxiety when I was in the service, and they prescribed medication that I was taking everyday for it. I'm curious if that would have been sufficient documentation, or if they are just denying it altogether? I was just discharged in August, so the appointments in my Active Duty Medical Record are relatively recent. 

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit!

Recent medical records (less than six or twelve months old) could be the reason, especially since you most likely had an exit exam. I personally have had ratings granted without a C&P due to recent medical records.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

• HadIt.com Elder

Vync

Did you file a claim? or if not did the VA automatically  defer it to the rater? without a C&P.  without your knowledge?

reason I ask a few months ago one of hadit elders got called in for a C&P   Just because she was in the VA Hospital for an over night stay for test being done...the VA defered her to the RO and RO sent her a C&P letter...She never had a claim in or ask for increase or anything  just out of the Blue she got a letter from her RO about the C&P...She wrote the Sec of the VA and they canceled it...but some veterans may not be so lucky.

just wondering

.....................Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Buck, I did file a claim, but my medical exam was just a couple of months prior and covered all the bases.

lmoore, Good luck on your claim!

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

my first va rating was based on my recently discharged navy medical records. so they didn't order a c&p exam. just gave me 10 percent. the same the navy did when granting me  medical discharge.

• HadIt.com Elder

OIC  

Yes I agree with Vync, your recent discharge is the reason you don't need a C&P....If they read all your in-service records.

However until the decision comes in  you won't know, but they will give a reason and bases for there decision  

http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?SID=f8eb901fc36d2856057163e1aafd414e&node=se38.1.4_1130&rgn=div8

its probably due to your recent records....Let us know what happen.

Good Luck

.................................Buck

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!